Friday, June 17, 2022

counting on God

Friday, June 17, 2022 (5:57 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


Thank You that we get to count on You. Mm, yes. Count and depend on You.


And just like that [snap!] I’m reading lyrics that are unfamiliar to me. Father I ask that You continue Your work in keeping us counting on You.


♪I’m [WE’RE] in a fight not physical I’m [WE’RE] in a war but not of this world You are the light that’s beautiful I [WE] want more I [WE] want all that’s Yours♪


Looking to You. Leaning on You. Believing, depending, trusting You to be the God Your Word describes.


How I thank You dearest Father. Turning to 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 I am referred back to Isaiah 64:4. Reading that entire chapter, I turn to Illustrated Bible Handbook to learn even more.


“1 Corinthians Chapter 2. Wisdom from God Access to Divine Wisdom; 2:6-10. Human beings have no way to deduce or discover God’s thinking. But His very thoughts have been communicated to us in the words of Scripture by the Spirit.”


Blessed God, thank You that all of Scripture speaks Your Truth. Leading. Guiding. Warning. Encouraging.


According to The Life Recovery Bible comment for Isaiah 64:1-4 there are “two key elements in this passage that are essential to recovery: faith and patience.” The Israelites knew You as “their awesome, powerful, incomparable God.” Thank You that You are! 


Your thoughts are nothing like ours. Your ways and thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). I look to You to provide Your people the faith and patience needed to continue counting on You.


I’m asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) for ♪Joy unspeakable that won’t go away Just enough strength to live for the day So I [WE] never have to worry what tomorrow will bring ‘Cause my [OUR] faith’s on solid rock and I’m [WE’RE] counting on God♪


Yes Father. Thank You. Praise You. Do all You must. In, with, by, through and for each and every single one of us. Use us to Your good and to Your glory. Amen.


(350 words ~ 7:30 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment