Thursday, June 16, 2022

desire and opportunity

 Thursday, June 16, 2022 (5:56 a.m.)

Most dear and blessed Holy God,


I’m here with You because I want to be. I get to be. Not because I should. Or have to. It’s desire and opportunity. Not indifference and obligation.


Thank You God for making Yourself available to us. Through Jesus' teachings and sacrifice we are invited to ♪Come To the Table♪ Thank You that we are Dearest Lord.

(6:55 a.m.)


I confess my tendency to fear. Be afraid. Attempt in my own strength and power to ‘not worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell You what I need and thank You for all You have done’ (Philippians 4:6).


Thank You that we have Your Word of Truth and promises to remind us that all true power is in the name of Jesus. Thank You that “He existed before anything else, and He holds all creation together” (Colossians 1:17).


There are so many songs that sing Your Truth. Thank You for the ways You embed It in our souls. ♪The Stand


♪… What a powerful Name it is Nothing can stand against What a powerful Name it is The Name of Jesus

(9:34 a.m.)


Convinced I was now singing a completely different song. No. Just known by its true title. ♪What a Beautiful Name♪ Mm. Yes. Indeed!


Beautiful. Wonderful. Powerful.


Jesus, thank You! Thank You that ♪You have no rival You have no equal Now and forever God You reign Yours is the kingdom Yours is the glory Yours is the Name above all names♪


I confess the overwhelming hopelessness I carried much of last night. Wanting to hope and trust in You. Only partially believing that joy would truly come in the morning (Psalm 30:5b). And it has. In so very many ways.


Through Your Word. Others’ writings of Your Word. And songs that sing the Truth of Your Word.


Lord God, I thank and praise You. And I ask that You would empower, lead and guide me in the many tasks I WANT to accomplish this day.


It’s been far more than awhile that I have actually wanted to clean up around here. So long that I realize I cannot possibly get it all done. I am asking You to order it all for me. Use me to succeed in what You know is necessary.


I love You. I thank You. I am grateful to be able to call upon Your good and holy name in ALL things. Even [especially]  l o n g  overdue housework.


Thank You. Praise You. Embody me to Your good and perfect end. I love You Hallelujah! Amen.

(414 words ~ 9:53 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment