Monday, June 13, 2022

CONFIDENCE!

 Monday, June 13, 2022 (7:05 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Right at this moment I have tears. Concerns.

(7:29 a.m.)

Indecision.


That’s the word! Not sad. Or moody.


Unable to create the joy and gladness I want to display. Maybe there’s a degree of fear involved. Yes Lord. I’m confessing to You the fear I didn’t even know is here.


Fear of making a mistake. Of not being good enough. Uncertain as to how best approach the health cares of others.


Oh most dear and blessed God, how I thank You for the opportunity and privilege of coming to You EXACTLY as I am. Fears and all.


Asking. Seeking. Knocking. For that all to be changed. By the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


Thank You for the option of pretending. To smile. And act as if all these thoughts and concerns weren’t swirling around inside.


Thank You for the decision to bring it all to You instead. Honestly. Openly. Willing. Turning to You. Wanting to follow Your leading. Not my own.


Thank You for the smile that keeps appearing. The one that reminds me that You are indeed great. Glorious. Good. Gracious. You supply our every need.


I keep imagining myself connected to a post that only allows my thinking to go so far in any one direction. Thank You Jesus that I have come to think of that post as You! If I am going to be linked to any one thing, I want it to be You!


Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


Dearest Jesus, there are songs that keep starting and stopping. Bible verses that I’m following. Rather than continuing my attempt to make sense of any of it, let me sit quietly at Your feet instead.


And now? More tears! Welling deep inside. But this time? Not from fear. Or apprehension. No! This Is You. Working in, with, by, through and for me.


♪I’m not a warrior, I’m too afraid to lose I feel unqualified for what You’re calling me to But Lord with Your strength, I’ve got no excuse ‘Cause broken people are exactly who You use So give me faith like Daniel in the lion’s den Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense So I can face my giants with CONFIDENCE


Yes Father! Confidence!


I started speaking with You the other day about watching You remove the defects of my character. I ask You again to continue this work in me.


Oh look at this! Romans 6. “Sin’s Power Is Broken… Since we have been united with Him in His death, we will also be raised to life as He was. We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin” (vs. 5-6).


We are united with You! Let Your cross be the post from which I do not stray. Thank You, Father. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Holy Spirit. I want to live this day in the confidence You provide.


♪You unravel me with a melody You surround me with a song Of deliverance from my enemies ’Til all my fears are gone I’m No Longer a Slave to fear I AM A CHILD OF GOD…♪


Yes Lord. Let Your Truth be my confidence this day I pray. I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank You. I praise You. Use me as only You know is best. Amen.


(594 words ~ 8:57 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment