Thursday, June 23, 2022

taking responsibility

 Thursday, June 23, 2022 (5:45 a.m.)

Holy God,


Can we talk about forgiveness?


Looking out at the world I see so much blaming and shaming taking place. What would it take for all of us to drop our guards? To truly care more about another than ourselves?


Guide me in Your Word this morning I ask.

(6:05 a.m.)

Thank You Father that You answer when we call out to You.


Matthew 7.

(6:40 a.m.)


Father, thank and praise You for Your Word of life giving Truth. Thank You that You have always known what we would face each day. Thank You that You provided our every single need, long before we knew to ask.


Mm. Thank You for reminding us of the importance of asking You (Matthew 7:7; James 4:1-3; 1 John 5:14-15). Thank You for Your willingness to hear our every hurt and desire.

(7:38 a.m.)

Dearest God, 

(7:55 a.m.)


Thank You for the work You continue doing in changing our hearts and attitudes. I ask You to bless us and keep us (Numbers 6:24-26) as only You are able.


(9:01 a.m.)


As I keep going away and eventually coming back here this morning, Father, again I ask You to continue Your life changing work in me. Preparing to focus on the tasks of the day I ask You lead and guide my every single step.


You alone are good. Great. Glorious. And gracious. I want to live this day glorifying and enjoying You.


Having read so very much this morning, I end with Psalm 139:23-24. Asking You to “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”


Yes Dearest Lord. Continue Your work in teaching me the ultimate freedom there is in taking responsibility for my thoughts, words and actions. I love You. I want to serve You well this day. Do all You must to Your good and glorious end. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(360 words ~ 9:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment