Friday, June 24, 2022

the attitude and character of God

 Friday, June 24, 2022 (6:38 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. You are doing a mighty work in each of us. And we are grateful.


Thank You for the blessings You provide. Thank You for the Truth and promises of Your Word. Thank You for the opportunity of seeking You first. Above all else.


Songs are singing in my mind. ♪Seek Ye First♪ (Matthew 6:33) and ♪Trust In The Lord With All Your Heart♪ (Proverbs 3:5). The smile on my face reaches both my heart and my soul. Thank and praise You Lord.


Hmm… I thought I was here to explore the encouragement I find in Psalm 139:14. Coming to believe myself as being “marvelously made” (The Message) as well as “wonderfully complex” (The Living Bible) is completely life changing.


Learning to truly ‘let go and let You [God] be God’ is absolutely a sight to behold. A genuine thing of beauty. Trusting. Believing. Hoping. Accepting. Being honest, open and willing with You is such a gift.


Thank You for changing me Lord. Thank You for Your tirelessness in Your work in, with, by, through and for each and every single one of us.


Even here, as I thought I was focusing only on Your Truth found in Matthew 6:33, I continue reading the surrounding verses. And smiling contentedly as I do.


Father God, thank You! Quoting from a Serenity Prayer devotional in The Life Recovery Bible for Matthew 6:25-34 I am uplifted by Your Truth.


“Jesus said, ‘Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?… Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today’ (Matthew 6:27, 34)… Since God’s grace comes in daily doses, that’s the best way to face life.” Yes! Amen to that!


♪So Here I Am to Worship Here I am to bow down Here I am to say that You’re my God♪ Yes! You ARE my God! And it is You I seek! You. Your Kingdom. And Your righteousness.


Amplified Bible says “But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His Kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right - the attitude and character of God], all these things [every thing we need] will be given to you also. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:33-34).


And just like that? One more song!


♪Oh, Happy Day… When Jesus washed… He washed my sins away… He taught me how To watch and fight and pray… And live rejoicing every day… Oh, Happy Day♪


Thank You. Praise You. Use me Lord. Exactly as You know is best this very happy day. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I seek You. Your Kingdom. And Your righteousness.


You are great. Glorious. Good. And gracious. Thank You that You are. Amen.


(495 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment