Saturday, July 31, 2021

♪Communication♪

 Saturday, July 31, 2021 (6:32 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You for Your work in us. Opportunities to work and communicate with one another.


What an incredibly good God You are! You speak Truth to us. Every once in awhile we listen. And occasionally obey. Continue Your work Dearest Lord.


Talking with You one moment and the switch of one word has me singing ♪Communication♪ to the tune of Carly Simon’s Anticipation. From there we went straight to Ephesians 4:29 in The Passion Translation.


“And never let ugly or hateful words come from your mouth, but instead let your words become beautiful [constructive] gifts that encourage others; do this by speaking words of grace to help them.”


God, what would it be like if we were to heed Your Word? Never letting corrupt communication [foul language, unwholesome talk, evil speech] proceed out of our mouths.


Oh! Look at this translation. Easy-to-Read Version. “When you talk, don’t say anything bad. But say the good things that people need - whatever will help them grow stronger. Then what you say will be a blessing to those who hear you.”


Yes God! THAT! Nothing that will hurt others (Expanded Bible). Only saying what is helpful. Again I ask You, what would that be like Dearest Jesus?


Here I am asking You to do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I would come to truly represent You well. In my thoughts, words and deeds.


Even here I am guided back into Your Word. Colossians 3:6-7. “Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use His words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs [like ♪Communication♪ 😁] to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, let it be representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through Him to God the Father.”


I love You Lord. I need You. I want You. And I ask You. Make it all so Dearest Dad. Make it all so. In Your Son’s most holy name. Amen.

(358 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment