Saturday, July 31, 2021

preparations

 Thursday, July 29, 2021 (5:26 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for leading us in work and play these past few weeks. Preparations were made. And fun was had. So much fun as a very happy matter of fact. Thank You Lord. You led the whole parade of events.


As I consider Your guidance I am so pleased to recall with glowing detail all the work dedicated toward helping these two boys feel welcomed and safe in their surroundings. Such true delight for having played a part in their successful home away from home experience.


Yea. And thank You God!


You directed our steps. Teaching us to work well together. To be able to have differing opinions and still come together for the good of the family. Father, praise You!


I turn to Your Word and land at Proverbs 24:27 in the Old Testament. And to the preparations for Your Last Supper in the New. Thank You for all You have to say to us. Regarding everything.

(7:09 a.m.)


The more I read and the deeper I settle in, the greater is my appreciation of You. All You are. And all You do. My feeble thanks and praise are nowhere enough. You want my whole heart. Soul. Mind. And strength (Mark 12:30). As well as my obedience.


Blessed God, how I thank You for those times I am ready, willing and able to heed Your call. The opportunity of having put first things first for the good of the family these last several weeks is a shining example of following You.


Floors, walls, windows, and sidewalks were swept, scoured, polished and deeply cleaned. All in the effort of erasing a scary experience from the minds of two very impressionable youngsters.


It was all You in the groundwork! Every negative encounter was met with a positive reminder of the purpose for the work. These two boys. And their mom. Setting up conditions for a peace-filled, restful time away from their own home.


Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC) “[Put first things first.] Prepare your work outside and get it ready for yourself in the field; and afterward build your house and establish a home” (Proverbs 24:27).


The preparations we made seemed to have accomplished exactly that. Thank and praise You Lord.


With this extremely successful experience of having requested and followed Your lead, here I ask You to guide me through this particular day. Make me aware. And appreciative. Helpful. And obedient to You. Your Word. Your will. And Your way.


I love You. I long to serve You as You so rightly deserve. Do all You must in making it so. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(449 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment