Sunday, July 4, 2021

1, 2, 3, JOY

 Sunday, July 4, 2021 (6:19 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. There was a tiny challenge yesterday and I became instantly aware as I thought, “Count it all as joy.” To the best of my remembering this is the first time that’s ever happened to me before. Thank You Father for the work You are doing in me.


Hours ago, while looking into what I knew to be scripture (James 1:2) I was surprised to mentally hear myself forcefully singing out the words ♪Your forgiveness♪ followed immediately by ♪sweet, sweet♪ Thank You Father for leading me straight to ♪Holy Water♪ and right back to sleep.


Yesterday You had me sing ♪Keep Me In the Moment♪ throughout the day. And it helped! Every time my mind started to wander You brought it right back. ♪Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment Help me live with eyes wide open ‘Cause I don’t wanna miss what You have for me♪


Thank and praise You Lord. This joy and excitement are new to me. Last week I asked You to use me as a conduit (John 7:38). I believe You to be doing exactly that. I’m finding peace [and JOY] when I seek You rather than solutions.


You are reminding me to pray instead of ponder. Bless rather than curse. Forgive in place of grudge holding [and building]. You are good Lord. And I am grateful.


Use me this day. Only as You alone know is best. Counting all I come across as JOY.


♪I don’t wanna abuse Your grace God, I need it every day It’s the only thing that ever really makes me wanna change Your forgiveness Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips Like the sound of a symphony to my ears… like Holy Water on my skin♪


Bless us Lord. Keep us. Make Your face shine upon us. And give us Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26) that we will in turn share Your love freely with others. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(334 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment