Wednesday, July 7, 2021

amazing hope

 Wednesday, July 7, 2021 (5:55 a.m.)


(7:30 a.m.)

Let’s start again.


Holy God. You’re good! Really good.


I’m smiling. Genuinely. Heartfelt. Absolutely smiling. I didn’t think it possible.


I came out here earlier, filled with regret. Remorse. Downcast. Disheartened. And then? I went back to rest some more.


While still thinking, “This is it. I suck” You stepped in and changed my demeanor. You do this when I can’t.


Not yet willing to fully turn in Your direction, You kept providing me reasons to smile. A baby elephant filmed sliding down a muddy embankment did the trick. I laughed out loud. Again, something I couldn’t do for myself.


Lord God, I DO look to You! Trusting. Believing. Knowing You to be the amazing Provider that You are. You do not disappoint! Thank You, Father.


Yes. Thank You!


Here I ask You to guide and direct me into Your Word, Lord. You settle my heart. Providing the hope that keeps us going. Amazing hope. Found only in You.


Romans 15:13. Illustrated Bible HandbookAccepting Attitude; 15:5-13. Underlying the teaching of this section is the fact that Jesus has accepted us, imperfect as we are. ‘Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you’ (15:7). If this is our attitude toward one another, unity will be achieved, and we will become a community which loves and praises God together, filled with joy and peace and hope.”


Wouldn’t that be amazing Lord?


Now I ask You to work in me that I would accept myself. As You do. Imperfect as I am.


Thank You for the way You work various thoughts and leadings to Your Truth. The word amazing led to the phrase ♪love so amazing♪ in the song ♪Jesus Messiah♪


Filing this off to the side, I continued searching Your Word. Landing firmly on Romans 15:13. In so many different translations and paraphrases. Father, You provide exactly what is needed at just the right time.


The Passion Translation. “And Isaiah (11:10) prophesied: ‘An heir to David’s throne will emerge, and He will rise up as ruler over all the non-Jewish nations, for all their hopes will be met in Him’” (Romans 15:12).


And who is this heir to David’s throne? ♪Jesus Messiah, name above all names Blessed Redeemer, Emmanuel… Love so amazing…♪


Thank You God that I get to look to You as our Amazing Hope. Work in, with, by, through and for me that I stand firmly on the Truth and promises of Your Word this day.


“Now may God, the fountain of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in Him. And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with His super-abundance until you radiate with hope!” (Romans 15:13 The Passion Translation).


Yes. Please. Your amazing hope! Thank You. Praise You. Use me. I love You. Amen.

(492 words ~ 9:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment