Monday, July 5, 2021

"Be joyful."

Monday, July 5, 2021 (6:19 a.m.)

Holy God,


I confess. Annoyed is not a good look on me. I much prefer delighted. Pleased. Happy. Joyful. Good natured. Amused. I turn to You, Lord. Asking that You work at renewing my heart.


Searching Your Word. Looking at various hymns. Thank You for the tiny glimpses of gratitude that are coming through. The start of a smile. A softening of my heart. And hope. Yes Lord. Thank You for the hope we have in You.


Thank You that I get to read of Your call for us to “Be joyful.” Thank You that when I can’t do something on my own, You are here to strengthen me (Philippians 4:13). And give me power.


So here I am. Reading. And singing. Searching. And asking. Do for [in, with, by, through] me that which I can’t on my own.

(8:17 a.m.)


Right here I do rejoice Blessed God. I am willing to confess to You the annoyance I am feeling. Forgive my potential rant.


Fear for the people of this nation is at the root. Illegal fireworks allegedly celebrating our independence as a country. Really? Doing something completely and dangerously against the law to honor freedom? It boggles my mind Lord.


The next layer reveals my shame of having celebrated all these years what I’m beginning to consider a lie. A sham. Deceit. Talk to me Lord. Teach me Your Truth.


There are so many things I’m calling into question. Where we spend our time. Our money. Our focus. Lead and guide me Lord.


♪Jesus, Thou Joy of Loving Hearts♪ (John 15:11). Jesus, the True Vine. “I have told you this [obey me, remain in my love] so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!”


Oh, thank and praise You Lord! I get to come before You with all of myself. The joy. And despair. Thank You for allowing me to share hurts. And hopes. Annoyances. And, ultimately, joy.


Yes. Here I am. Willing to be joyful. Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Worship and adore You.


I love You Father. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to use me. As an example of what it means to truly be joyful. Mm, yes please. Do all You must. Amen.

(386 words ~ 9:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment