Saturday, July 10, 2021

Psalm 18:1

 Saturday, July 10, 2021 (5:54  a.m.)

Blessed God,


I love You. Thank You that over 30 years ago I learned the importance of saying that out loud to You. In a children’s sermon of all places.


Here I ask You to teach me more. And You do. Psalm 18:1. International Children’s Bible. “I love You, Lord. You are my strength.”


Oh, but it doesn’t stop there! Just look at The Message. Verses one and two. “I love You, GOD -You make me strong. GOD is bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight. My God - the high crag where I run for dear life, hiding behind the boulders, safe in the granite hideout.”


Thank You that we have Your Word to turn to. To stand on.


Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us, “Psalm 18. Shout out joy and love! David’s feelings when delivered from Saul and his other enemies. In graphic language David portrays God coming to aid his trusting servant.”


Blessed Lord, thank You that You do make us strong. Use us this day to share Your love as freely as You have shared Yours for us (John 3:16).


Do all You must in teaching us how to live as the people You created us to be. Yours. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(225 words ~ 7:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment