Friday, July 9, 2021

first find

 Friday, July 9, 2021 (6:02 a.m.)

Holy God,


What would You have of me this morning? Micah 6:8. That answer was immediate. Automatic. No wondering or pondering. Just there.


Thank You Lord that we merely have to ask. And You provide.


New King James Version. “He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you? But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?”


Like many other things in life, I tend to complicate the simplest matters. Here I ask You to keep my focus on You instead.


International Children’s Bible tells us, “The Lord has told you what is good. He has told you what He wants from you: Do what is right to other people. Love being kind to others. And live humbly, trusting Your God.”

(7:14 a.m.)


Reading what others have written about how we are to actually live out this verse in our everyday life, I find myself singing. ♪Your Love Awakens Me♪ and ♪Just a Closer Walk With Thee♪


Father, thank You for the ways You communicate with us. We read. We ask. And You answer. All the way back to my first find of the day.


“But He’s already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don’t take yourself too seriously - take God seriously” (The Message).


Father, I ask You to keep working in us that we will come to live and love as You would have us. Justly. Mercifully. Humbly. With You.


Do all You must Dearest Lord. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me. Amen.


(303 words ~ 7:31 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment