Thursday, July 15, 2021

beneath the surface

 Thursday, July 15, 2021 (5:02 a.m.)

Most Holy God,


Thank You! There’s joy beneath the surface.


Looking to the internet to learn more I read, “Christian joy is not an act of will-power, but a spontaneous, emotional response of the heart” (desiringgod.org).


That is exactly what I am experiencing this morning, Lord. Peace. And joy. Just beneath the surface.


It isn’t circumstantial. “Not superficial and flimsy, but deep and firm.” That’s all YOU, Dearest God. You working Your Truth in and through me.


Romans 12:12 (The Passion Translation). “Let this hope burst forth within you, releasing a continual joy. Don’t give up in a time of trouble, but commune with God at all times.” Thank You that we are always able to talk with You.


New Living Translation. Psalm 144:15b. “Joyful indeed are those whose God is the LORD.” Joyful indeed! Yes. Thank and praise You Dear God.


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Letting the joy I have in You emerge. Arise. Appear. Come to the light. Your light.


As Elevation Worship begins singing deeply within, thank You for the easy find of ♪O Come To The Altar♪ Along with this musical video came options of others. One click and I’m watching the retelling of a family’s commitment to dealing with their health challenges.


Father God, how I thank You for Your presence. Your goodness. Greatness. Glory. And grace. You provide our every single need. And so many of our wants. Praise You Lord.


Be glorified this day. I love You. Amen.

(256 words ~ 6:33 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment