Thursday, July 29, 2021

however

 Friday, July 23, 2021 (6:48 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You that You are great. And glorious. Good. And gracious. Because I am not! Any of those things.


I am, however, loved. By You. Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


Yes God. No matter what, we are loved and blessed by You. Thank You.


I am confessing to You the sadness I am feeling over the fires. Lack of rain. Drought. Destruction. Failing crops. Despair.


Holy God, thank You that we have You. You, to Whom to turn. Always. And here I do.


After a day of moping and bitter resentments toward people, places and things I cannot control I finally come to You. Thank You Father for the freedom You provide us in choosing You. The strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Your complete set of armor (v.11-17).


I attempted to overcome the negativity on my own yesterday Dear Lord. While I know better, I fell straight back into the miry pit.


Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. I saw them all off in the distance. I confess, I refused to take the necessary time to humbly come before You. To listen. And to learn.


However, I’m here now. And You greet me with Your open arms. Thank You Lord. Praise You Father.


Psalm 135. The Life Recovery Bible comment. “135:1-13 Knowing that God has chosen us as His own should give us the confidence to call on Him when we are in trouble. All through the Old Testament we see evidence of God working to save His people. Because God is all-powerful and ‘does what pleases Him’ throughout the earth, He can help us when we call on Him. In His greatness, no problem is too great for Him to solve.”


Forgive me Father. I seem to have again attempted to take the weight of the world from You, where it so rightfully belongs, and place in firmly on Your people instead. Thank You for again reminding me that You’ve got this.


Thank You for the writings of the psalmist who knew of Your greatness first hand. “I, too, give witness to the greatness of GOD, our Lord, high above all other gods. He does just as He pleases - however, wherever, whenever. He makes the weather - clouds and thunder, lightning and rain, wind pouring out of the north” (Psalm 135:6-7).


You’ve got this Lord. [And us!] I don’t have any idea what Your plan is. However, I trust You! And I don’t need to know.


Thank You that “Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest’” (Matthew 11:28).


Here I am. Looking to You. Trusting You. Laying ♪all of my burdens down at Your feet And anytime I don’t know what to do I will Cast All My Cares Upon You♪ (Psalty the Singing Songbook).


One song blends right into the next. This taken directly from Psalm 55:22. ♪Cast Thy Burden Upon the Lord and He shall sustain thee… Thy mercy, Lord, is great and far above the heav’ns: Let none be made ashamed that wait upon Thee♪


Blessed God, how I thank You for the privilege of coming before You. Just exactly as we are.


Putting our focus back on Your greatness, gloriousness, goodness and grace enables me to smile. Sing. Stay my mind on You. And stand firmly on Your Word.


Do all You must that we will come to glorify and enjoy You this day. To Your good and glorious end I pray. Thanking You. Praising You. Worshiping and adoring You. Use us. This we ask in Your Son’s most holy name. Amen.


(622 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment