Thursday, July 8, 2021

more sleep

 Thursday, July 8, 2021 (3:20 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m asking for more sleep.

(5:33 a.m.)

And I got it. Thank You.


Yes. Thank You for so very many things. More sleep being just one of them.


Here I turn to David’s words. For the choir director. To be accompanied by stringed instruments. Psalm 4. Especially verse 8.


As brief and simple is this one line, yet it speaks volumes. Names of God Bible says it quite clearly. “I fall asleep in peace the moment I lie down because You alone, O Yahweh, enable me to live securely.”


You do Dearest Lord! Thank and praise You most Heavenly Father.


While the bulk of the translations mention peace, sleep, You and safety in that order again I come back to The Message. Starting with the psalmist’s question in verse six.


“Why is everyone hungry for more? ‘More, more,’ they say. ‘More, more.’ I have God’s more-than-enough, More joy in one ordinary day Than they get in all their shopping sprees. At day’s end I’m ready for sound sleep, For You, GOD, have put my life back together.”


You have Dear God. And You do!


Every single time I start to go off the rails in my thinking, You bring me back to center. Thank You Father.


Your Word is Truth. It IS alive (Hebrews 4:12). And we are invited to come to it freely.

(7:39 a.m.)


An unexpected phone call. An easy exchange of ideas and opinions. Thank You Father for the work You do in our lives.


Keep us coming to You. For Truth. Hope. Your love. And more sleep when we need it. Thank You for Your provisions Dearest God. I love You. Use me today. Exactly as You alone know is best.


Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(305 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment