Saturday, June 19, 2021

♪ I Believe ♪

 Saturday, June 19, 2021 (7:01 a.m.)

♪I Believe…♪


Father God, forgive me. I woke up refusing to get out of bed. Thank You that Your Truth and Your promises are so much bigger than my fear and failings.


I was beginning to follow the bitter path of slights and resentments, never ending in a good place. I halfheartedly asked myself what was the lie. And countered the question with Your Truth. After Truth.


First I remembered the words I spoke yesterday to a sobbing loved one. “Perfect love casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18). Do I believe this I asked myself. And the very next thing I was singing.


Eager and excited to get up. To come out and find the song. ♪I Believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows I believe that somewhere in the darkest night a candle glows I believe for everyone who goes astray someone will come to show the way♪


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. I DO believe!


I believe You to be great. Glorious. Good. Gracious. ALL the time. Not only when things are as I want them. Especially when we need You. ♪You stay the same through the ages Your love never changes There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning♪ (Psalm 30:5).


Holy God, I am asking You to use this latest health scare for Your good. For Your glory. Empower us to stand firm on and in Your Word. Knowing. Trusting. Believing You to be the ♪Good, Good Father… perfect in all of Your ways♪ that I powerfully prayed about yesterday.


Blessed Lord, I do believe You to be good. True. Merciful. Mighty. Holy. Like no other. I also believe our trust, ♪life… strength… hope is in You, Lord♪ I confess the fear that continues wanting to rise up.


Instead I turn to You asking YOU to rise up! ♪… like the day… Rise up… unafraid♪ Thank You for the way You keep singing to me. One song leading right into the next. Thank You, praise You, God.


I want to trust You Lord. With this day. And our loved ones. Every single aspect of health needs and healings.


♪You delight in showing mercy Mercy triumphs over judgment♪ (James 2:13). How I ask. And seek. And knock (Matthew 7:7) on behalf of this particular young man’s vision and other health issues.


Father, we are definitely a hurting people. Thank You that turning to You in song, my spirits soar and I find myself smiling. Truly.


♪I Believe, I believe, I believe above the storm the smallest prayer will still be heard I believe that Someone in the great somewhere hears every word Every time I hear a newborn baby cry or touch a leaf or see the sky Then I know why I believe♪


I do believe Lord. Because You are trustworthy. You keep Your promises. Do all You know is exactly best for our hearts, souls, minds and strength.


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Change and use me. Amen.


(515 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment