Friday, June 18, 2021

best words

 Friday, June 11, 2021 (7:19 a.m.)

Tahoe Vista, CA

Holy God,


Thank You! Yes. Finally. Best words out of my heart.

(8:08 a.m.)

 

Searching Your Word, I land at Psalm 139. And the understanding that You are more concerned with my attitude than my words. Thank You Father.


The smile on my face begins in my heart. Having struggled with weather related disappointment for several days I was keenly aware of the genuine joy flooding through me yesterday when I realized there was no wind.


Something as incredibly simple as calm, still water and trees set my spirits soaring. I couldn’t thank You fast enough.


Lord, I confess my fickleness to You. You know my heart and thoughts even before I do. Thank You that You love me anyway.


Thank You. Yes, thank You Father. I truly appreciate the way You take my dreadful thoughts and prayers of this past week and address them all right here in Psalm 139. Here I get to see myself being seen by You.


You HAVE examined my heart and know everything about me (verse 1). Every negative thought or comparison doesn’t surprise You. Nor do they keep You from loving and accepting me. Exactly as I am.


Father God, I love You. Deeply. Truly. I long to be the woman You created me to be. One who is loving. Kind. 


A Serenity Prayer devotional in The Life Recovery Bible reminds me that “One important step in the recovery process is to allow God to remove our self-hatred, helping us to value ourself for who we are.” This seems so much easier read than done!


Thank You Lord for taking charge of the battle that rages in my mind. Thank You for teaching me to ask, “What’s the lie?” And to “Be careful - watch out for attacks from satan, your great enemy. He prowls around like a hungry, roaring lion, looking for some victim to tear apart” (1 Peter 5:8).


Thank You that because of Your love for each and every single one of us we get to counter these attacks with Your Truth. “I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well” (Psalm 139:14 English Standard Version).


Even when I have the nerve to whine about the weather Your love for me never wavers.  Thank You Father. Praise You God.


Keep working in me as only You can. “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life” (vs. 23-24).


“Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10). You alone are great. Glorious. Good. And gracious.


I want to live this day rejoicing and being glad for who and all You are, regardless of the weather! Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Amen.

(510 words ~ 9:11 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment