Wednesday, June 30, 2021

a fresh start

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 (5:24 a.m.)

Holy God,


Good morning. I love You. Where shall we start?


Lamentations 5. The Message. “Give Us a Fresh Start” Mm, yes a fresh start. Teach me what You would have me share with others this day.


Right off the bat, I’m learning more than I’ve ever known about this relatively short book. “These five somber poems were commonly read aloud by the Hebrew people in mid-July, on the date set to commemorate the fall of Jerusalem” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


Each chapter is outlined with its own theme:

  i. Jerusalem in Mourning / Sorrow in Jerusalem

 Ii. Jerusalem in Ruin / God’s Anger at Sin

III. Call for Renewal / Hope in the Lord’s Faithfulness

IV. Restitution to Come / God’s Anger Satisfied

 V. A Cry for Relief / Prayer for Restoration


Father God, I truly cannot ever thank You enough. We express our needs as we become aware of them. And You’ve already provided for every single one. Thank and praise You Lord.


Subtitled “Dirge for Lost Jerusalem” I find myself inserting our own names into the Lamentations mix. Head bowed in humility and pain. Heart broken. Weeping. Faint hope.


Looking up “dirge” I learn a new-to-me word. Threnody. A “wailing ode.” How often in these past few days have our souls been wailing to You Lord? Thank You that we are in such good company.


As my heart cries out to You for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) I am asking You to do ALL you know is best Dearest Father. You’ve got this. We have no clue what that will look like in actuality. But we rest and trust and have faith that You do indeed hold all the answers.


Provide absolutely what is necessary for Your hurting people Blessed Lord. Two comments for chapter 5 in The Life Recovery Bible help me hope even more.


5:1-18 Jeremiah asked God to remember the suffering of his people. He listed the abuses they had endured. Notice how bold Jeremiah was in his relationship with God. When we feel upset about our situation, we often remain silent or complain under our breath. In doing so, we allow our relationship with God to grow distant. Jeremiah went directly to God with his complaints, and his relationship with God was strengthened in the process. God does hear, and He does care. We need to share our feelings and struggles with Him.”


Holy Father God, I believe Your Truth. I take strength in Your promises.


5:19-22 Jeremiah made a final and impassioned plea to God to remember and restore his broken people. And God did restore Israel after the Babylonian captivity. Under the leadership of men like Zerubbabel, Ezra, and Nehemiah, God led His people home to rebuild the holy city and the Temple. God restores His people today. Regardless of the intensity of our pain, He is able to bring deep and abiding comfort.”


That is my hope. My prayer, Dearest God. Restore Your people today! Bring deep and abiding comfort. Yes. Oh yes Blessed Lord. Do all You must in righting these present circumstances to Your good and to Your glory.


I love You Lord. I need You. I trust You. I want You. Praise You. Thank You. Use me. Amen.

(555 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment