Wednesday, June 23, 2021

opportunely

 Wednesday, June 23, 2021 (5:21 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. You provide our every need. And smiles to boot!


Through most of the night I was sure the word I was going to use with You today was slowly. I wanted to make sure that I would remember to approach things carefully. Intentionally. Purposefully… Slowly.


I believe it’s still a good plan. And I’m asking You to make sure I stay aware of all the blessings You have for us today. 


That’s why I’m eager and excited to have been given a brand new to me word as soon as I started talking with You. Opportunely. Oh! And as I read of it? The better and more perfect it becomes.


An adverb with three current meanings. And one archaic. Father God, thank You for the ways You get our attention to come directly back to You.


In a lucky or fortunate manner. At exactly the right moment or in the right way. In a successful manner. And “(archaic) Adverb for received or experienced with gratitude.”


Oh most Dearest God, I look at the synonyms for each of these meanings and they fit me so often and well. I know us to be fortunate. Delighted. Blessed. Grateful.


Thank You for the opportunity to explore words with You Lord. Thank You that having fallen asleep after reading Psalm 32, I woke up singing Psalm 100:4, joined with 118:24.


♪I Will Enter His Gates with thanksgiving in my heart; I will enter His courts with praise. I will say this is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice for He has made me glad…♪


This little song never fails to put a smile on my face Lord. The fact that we can come directly to Your gates, Your court, Your presence. Thanking. Praising. Rejoicing. How opportune is that?

(6:24 a.m.)


Blessed Lord, thank You for the privilege of exploring Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Thank You for allowing us to come freely into Your presence, with thanksgiving and praises.


Thank You that we are invited to ♪Make a Joyful Noise unto the Lord all the earth… Make a loud noise and rejoice! Sing praises!♪ (Psalm 98:4). Because that’s the God You are! Wholly deserving of our unfettered love and devotion.

Father, I ask You to use me this day. Exactly as You alone know is best. Make me aware of every opportunity You are providing that I will come to worship and adore You as so rightly deserve.


I love You. I want and need You. Thank and praise You. Amen.


(442 words ~ 6:36 a.m)


No comments:

Post a Comment