Thursday, June 24, 2021

countered

 Thursday, June 24, 2021 (7:27 a.m.)

Holy God,


I confess to attempting to prepare myself. I don’t want to hurt. Or be sad. Let me turn to You rather than my own feebly created mainstays.


Yes God. You! Our mighty fortress, always ready to help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1 Contemporary English Version). Hallelujah, thank You God! You change my mindset every single time I ask.


I was thinking “feeble” and You countered with “strong, effective, forceful, brave.” These are attributes that come only from our trust and belief in You and Your mighty power. Thank and praise You Father.


Lord, how grateful I am for Your Truth. Your promises of peace. The hope and sense of calm we get to experience as we ♪cast all our cares upon You And lay all of our burdens Down at Your feet And any time we don’t know what to do We cast all our cares upon You♪ (1 Peter 5:7).


Blessed God, I can’t even begin to thank You enough. My mind swirls with all the things I don’t want to think about. Fearful happenings in everyday life. And then I turn to Your Word. Singing Your Truth. And I find myself smiling. Settled. Hope filled.


Psalm 55:22 tells us to ♪Cast Thy Burden Upon the Lord and He shall sustain thee♪ Thank You Father for speaking Your Truth to us in so many different ways.


Countering fear with FAITH is paramount. You teach us that continuously. Isaiah 41:10

(10:28 a.m.)


“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” How I count on You Blessed God. 


Phone calls filled with hope. Truth. Discussions of disappointments. And the opportunities You provide. You. Our Holy Spirit. Our “Higher Power.”


Father, I ask You to lead the hurting and resistant right, straight to the foot of Your Cross. Let them know You as the ♪Good, Good Father♪ You truly are.


I love You Lord. We are in absolute need of Your perfect presence in our every single moment. Do all You must in turning our hearts to You. Thank You. Praise You. Use us. Amen.

(386 words ~ 10:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment