Monday, June 21, 2021

Psalm 103:1

 Monday, June 21, 2021 (6:30 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed, Holy Father God,


Thank You. Praise You.


And just like that I started singing. Father, I’ve been drafting what I was planning to say to You for hours now. Thank You for taking over and leading me instead to where You’d have me.


♪Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul Worship His holy name Sing like never before, O my soul I’ll worship Your holy Name The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning It’s time to sing Your song again Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me Let me be singing when the evening comes♪


Blessed God, You know our every single need. You know the challenges that others are facing. You are great. Glorious. Good. And gracious in Your provisions. How I ask that You reign supreme over all we encounter.


Recognizing our need for You over all else Father I am glad to be singing. ♪You’re rich in love and You’re slow to anger Your name is great and Your heart is kind For all Your goodness, I will keep on singing Ten Thousand Reasons for my heart to find♪


Reading the origin of this song, I’m referred to Psalm 103:1. This is where I learn how interchangeable are the words for bless. Praise. Worship. Glorify. Honor. Exalt. Pay homage to.


Oh, thank and praise You Father! Singing my heart out to You releases my mind from its own ingrained way of thinking. I am free to come before You requesting You to lead and guide me.


Straight over to The Passion Translation. “Our Father’s Love King David’s song of praise With my whole heart, with my whole life, and with my innermost being, I bow in wonder and love before You, the Holy God! Yahweh, You are my soul’s celebration. How could I ever forget the miracles of kindness You’ve done for me?” (vs. 1-2).


Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us, “Psalm 103. Praise is offered to God for the gracious way He relates to David, and for God’s great love for all who fear Him.” Yes Lord. Thank You. Teach me more.

(7:53 a.m.)


As I come before You Lord with the concerns and challenges facing our family and friends, rather than floundering with fear, I stand firmly on Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


Father God, You alone are good. You know exactly Your every single plan. All for good. Not for evil. Giving us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


This from The Message, “This is God’s Word on the subject: ‘As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on Me, when you come and pray to Me, I’ll listen” (vs. 10-12).


Blessed God, I don’t pretend to know the challenges being faced by our loved ones. I don’t have to. Because You do.


Do all You must Dearest Dad. All that You alone know is best. And exactly what is needed.


♪Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul Worship His holy name… And on that day when my strength is failing The end draws near and my time has come Still, my soul will sing Your praise unending Ten thousand years and then forevermore♪


Yes Lord. Unending praise. Forevermore. Do all You must to Your good end. I love You. I thank You. We need. You. We want You. We ask Your wisdom, Your strength, Your power. All in Jesus’ most precious holy name. Amen.


(639 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment