Friday, June 18, 2021

GLAD!

 Tuesday, June 15, 2021 (6:09 a.m.)

June Lake, CA

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You. These words just seem to roll right out of my heart and mind.


♪I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart. I will enter His courts with praise. I will say “This is the day that the Lord hath made.” I will rejoice for He hath made me glad♪ (Psalm 100:4).


Blessed Lord, I didn’t wake up singing this song. Yet it is so perfectly timed. Thank You for changing my course if that is in need what You are doing.


Holy God, I love You so much.Thank You for the blessings You have provided us on this trip. Opportunities to stretch and be stretched by circumstances outside of our control.


Thank You for teaching us the importance of resetting our desires and priorities. And here’s where the verse from just earlier factors in! Psalm 51:10. “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.”


This immediately followed by what I found within The Gideon’s Bible (English Standard Version) found in our room. A reiteration of sorts for the chief purpose of mankind which is to glorify You and enjoy You forever.


Ecclesiastes 12:13. “The end of the matter; all has been heard [my final conclusion]. Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man [every person].


Sitting here in the warmth and comfort of our little cabin room, gazing out at the wonder and majesty of ♪all Your hand hath provided♪ I am stunned practically silent. My mind races with all it wants to say. All the while knowing that words are not enough.


I can always begin with thanks and praise. It’s a lesson well taught during our children’s childhoods. Thank You very much, Psalty the Singing Songbook!


(7:32 a.m.)


Taking time to share hearts and thoughts with one of the [now adult] children mentioned above, again I thank You Lord. You’ve worked in, with, by, through and for us all these years. Creating a genuine regard for one another. Brought about only because of Your love for each of us (John 3:16) and ours for You and one another (Mark 12:30-31).


Blessed God, we will be leaving here soon. Heading home to whatever You know is Your best for each of us. This I pray asking You to keep us in Your will. Strong in Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Alert and persistent in our prayers (v. 18b). Faithful (Revelation 2:10) even unto death. Earnest and repentant (3:19).


Father, we love You. We long to glorify and enjoy You. Empower and enable us to Your good end. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(475 words ~ 7:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment