Thursday, June 17, 2021

kind forgiveness

 Tuesday, June 8, 2021 (6:57 a.m.)

Tahoe Vista, CA

Holy God,


Thank You for smiles. And sleep. Forgiveness. And kindness. Mm, yes. Lord, talk with me this morning about the freedom that comes with Your forgiving kindnesses.


Psalm 25:6-7. “Overlook my youthful sins, O Lord! Look at me instead through eyes of mercy and forgiveness, through eyes of everlasting love and kindness.” Do this in me that I will come to do the same to others.


I confess to You Dearest God how easily resentment and bitterness overtake my heart. It is only You, Your Truth, Your promises that point me to the Cross. And all It represents.


In turning to You (Revelation 3:19) I get to experience peace that I truly do not understand (Philippians 4:7). Thank and praise You Lord.

(7:59 a.m.)


Searching Your Word. Seeking Your promises for this day, I find my thoughts are far deeper than usual. ♪Lead Me To The Cross♪


Oh yes Dearest Lord, this is no simple thank and praise You time together this morning. Each thought takes me further into Your Word. Luke 23:41. The believing criminal hanging next to Jesus, “We deserve to die for our evil deeds, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.”


I can think of no greater example of kind forgiveness than Jesus’ response to this man’s confession of faith. “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise” (v. 43).


Here I ask You to steep me in Your Word. Grow me into the woman You would have me be. One who is truly kind. Quick to forgive.


Yes Father. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will come to represent You well. As You alone so rightfully deserve.


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to enable and empower me to truly live Your Word this day. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(335 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment