Sunday, May 17, 2020

Yours!

Sunday, May 17, 2020 (6:03 a.m.)
Holy God,

What to say? Thank You? Guide and lead me? Truly, Father, how to start?

I love You. I’m glad I’m Yours. Hmm. Yours. Yes! Thank You Father that I am Yours! Here I ask You to take me into Your Word, where You would have me this morning.
Finding a hymn from long ago, I am intrigued. Wanting to know more.

Singing the very verse I had remembered from the other day. Song of Solomon 6:3 ♪I Am His, and He Is Mine♪

I smile as I read the topical index of this particular hymn. INNER PEACE AND JOY. And once more, I say thank You God.

Thank You that You are able to take control of my thoughts. Direct them where You would have them go. Straight into Your Word.

To the verse above. As well as Colossians 3:3; 1 Corinthians 3:22-23; Romans 8:38-39. Go with me as I read.

Mm, the smile I get from reading The Life Recovery Bible’s comment in Colossians. “3:1-3 Paul isn’t urging us to deny the harsh realities of life; he is simply reminding us of where our focus should be [on the realities of heaven].”

The smile gets bigger the more I read. “When our eyes are on Christ, we see this life from a different perspective. We realize that there is hope, even when everything seems dark and hopeless. As we look with an eternal perspective, the struggles of recovery don’t disappear; rather they are seen in the proper light.”

As I continue reading and believing, hope begins to ignite. “They [the struggles] no longer have the terrifying power that they once did. When we keep our eyes on Christ and His promises for recovery, no obstacle is too great for us to overcome.”

Thank You Lord. How deeply and truly I thank You!

1 Corinthians 3:23, “and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.” Yours! I am Yours. Thank You God.

Illustrated Bible Handbook expands. “In Christ, all has been given to us - life, death, the present and future, and many different leaders to serve us. All this is ours because of Jesus. He should be the focus of our lives, and be the One of whom we boast.”

As I continue reading of who and what I am in You, I find myself all the more grateful. Yes Father, I just “heard” myself think again of how truly blessed we are. Lord, You have kept us safe. Relatively unaffected. And very aware.

THIS is the moment we have! The day You have made (Psalm 118:24). We are guaranteed no specific amount of time here on this earth. We are however tasked to “rejoice and be glad” in it all.

Lord, I love You. Thank You for reminding us of the importance of not taking one single moment for granted.

Your Word tells us, “Today I give you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live! Choose to love the LORD your God and to obey Him and commit yourself to Him, for He is your life. Then you will live long in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).

We are Free to Choose. We are told often that You would have us choose You. Life in You. With. By. Through. And for You. Oh that I would indeed choose You Blessed God.
(11:13 a.m.)

As I come back before You to finish up our time together, Father how I thank You for Your ever present, never ending love.

Romans 8:38-39. Paul’s words to the church of Rome. “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from His love. Death can’t, and life can’t. The angels can’t, and the demons can’t. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can’t keep God’s love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Why? Because we are Yours! Thank You Father. Use us this day. Exactly as You know is best. 

We love You. We thank You. Amen.
(755 words ~ 11:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment