Tuesday, May 19, 2020

"Be G.L.A.D."

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 (6:36 a.m.)

Holy God,

You just sent me another reminder. And I am grateful. Yes Father. You prompted my memory toward the importance of being glad. Grateful. Loving. And Devoted.

On any given day, my mind takes me in a number of different directions. I quite easily think about the scary things. And have to work at getting back to the good. Thank You that You are ever near to remind us of Your Truth. And Your promises.

This morning I’m brought to the book of Joel. The prophet You sent to warn of impending judgment. Urging Your people to admit their sins and turn back to You.

Most dear and blessed God, I keep thinking that this is what is really going on with this current COVID-19 pandemic. What more is it going to take for us as a people to realize that it’s YOU Who is truly in charge?

Blessed Lord, I love You! Deeply. Truly. And I thank You for guiding me into Your Word this morning.

The Message. Joel 2:21-24. “The Trees Are Bearing Fruit Again Fear not, Earth! Be glad and celebrate! God has done great things… Be glad in your GOD. He’s giving you a teacher [the Holy Spirit] to train you how to live right - Teaching, like rain out of heaven, showers of words to refresh and nourish your soul, just as He used to do. And plenty of food for your body - silos full of grain, casks of wine and barrels of olive oil.”

Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us, “The answer to Joel’s generation is an affirmation of fruitfulness and a promise that Zion’s people will yet rejoice in their God (21-24). Then God will repay for the years the locusts have devoured, and Joel’s generation will know that there is a God in Israel. Those who are His people will never be put to shame.”

Father, I read of The Locust Plague. The Invasion; Call to Repentance; The Locust Army; Return to God; God’s Answer; A Day of Salvation; The Nations Judged and God’s People Blessed (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

And now the last section of the book in The Life Recovery Bible. Blessings for God’s People. We can’t lose sight of Your promised blessings.

The comment for 3:16-21 again offers us hope. “God has planned a good future for all who trust in Him. Restoration and recovery will be complete; salvation will be forever. With this hope for the future, we can find the courage we need to persevere through our problems today (Romans 8:18-21). Since the final goal of the recovery process is assured, we need not fear the hard times that may still lie ahead.”

Holy God, You are Who reminds and enables us to truly “Be GLAD!” Here I ask You to do all You must to this end.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to do all You must in making me truly grateful, loving and devoted. To You. Your will. Your way. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(515 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment