Monday, May 18, 2020

'near antonyms'

Monday, May 18, 2020 (7:04 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You! Before coming straight to You, I opted for some momentary distractions. A check of weather, emails and social network. Even completing a crossword. For all these distractions, I thank You Father.

They allowed me to get outside of my head again. The inner thinkings and trappings that tend to lead me away, rather than to You.

Looking up the word distractions I find myself experiencing its ‘near antonyms’ as I read Your Word. Holy God, only You can create such calm and peacefulness in a mind that so often leans toward the troubles of the world.

We are invited to read of Your divine wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:26- 2:16). Contrasted with the foolishness of mankind (vs. 1:18-25). Holy God, how I ask You to change our focus. Let us come to trusting and depending on You, rather than our human leaders.

We are here to be Your servants Lord. I think us to still resemble the Corinthian believers [infants in the Christian life] Paul had written to in chapter 3, verses 1-4.
(8:16 a.m.)

As much as I do believe and trust You Dearest God, I realize I must confess to You the fear I am harboring. There is a virus running rampant throughout the world. One false move and “Bam!” we could be taken out.

We wash our hands. Wear our masks. Stay six feet apart. All the while wondering if this is really enough to keep us safe? The longer the distancing order lasts the deeper the longing to see and hug loved ones grows.

I know You to be good God. And here comes the best smile of the day so far. Chris Tomlin again. Oh, now there are tears as well.

♪Water You turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind There’s no one like You, none like You! Into the darkness You shine, out of the ashes we rise There’s no one like You, none like You! Our God is greater, our God is stronger God, You are higher than any other Our God is Healer, awesome in power Our God! Our God!♪

How I thank You for singing Your power and Your presence into my heart. I can easily get lost in my own fearful thinking. Thank You that You are ever here to remind me, ♪And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?♪

It’s in You we live and move and have our being! You are not an unknown, unnamed god (Acts 17:23). You are the God who made the world and everything in it (v. 24a). You, Yourself give life and breath to everything, and You satisfy every need there is (25b).

My smile returns with the chorus. ♪Our God is greater, our God is stronger God, You are higher than any other…♪

Father, there is so very much crisis and chaos going on in the world. How I ask You to use us to Your glory and the good of others. I have no idea what that looks like.

As I turn again to the verse that brought me here in the first place, I notice a giggle as I realize I was reading in chapter three, rather than seven. Learning to not label mistakes as right or wrong, I instead ask You to use it all Father.

Our Access to Divine Wisdom; 2:6- 10. Application of Divine Wisdom; 2:11-16. Evidence of Unspirituality; 3:1-4. As well as: The Divine Perspective; 3:5-9. The Divine Foundation; 3:10-15. The Divine Priority; 3:16, 17. And Focus on Jesus; 3:18-23 (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Oh most dear and blessed God, do all You must in making us right with You. The apostle Paul told the believers living in Corinth, “I am saying this [Instruction on Marriage] for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible” (1 Corinthians 7:35).

Mm, yes Lord. Let me serve You. With as few distractions as possible. You are good. You are holy. You are worthy. And we need You. Oh how desperately we need You Lord. Do all You must. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(739 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment