Friday, May 15, 2020

live by faith

Friday, May 15, 2020 (5:26 a.m.)

(8:16 a.m.)
Back to bed. And then to sleep.

Father God, I’m gonna be honest here. I’m having a rough time today. I tripped over myself  yesterday and slammed straight into a wall. And I’m trying to spin it into a positive. Then I wonder, “Why?” Why try?

Hmmm… Stick with my thinking as I turn to You in fleshing this out. Yes Father. Exhaling fully. Inhaling naturally. And feel myself give in to Your tender, loving care. Thank You Lord.
(8:36 a.m.)

And here it is. The words that describe my feelings of late. Inferiority. And jealousy.

Most Holy God, I know I am not to compare myself with others (Galatians 5:26). And I confess that I do. Often. Mercilessly! Forgive me Lord.

You created me in Your image. We started talking about that yesterday. [See: Made in the image of God by Russell M. Grigg].

Father how I thank You for Your readiness to show me and teach me and remind me of things I forget. Illustrated Bible Handbook. GALATIANS Chapter 5. Freedom in Christ Freedom to Live Love; 5:13-26.

Here I am smiling again as I read, “Paul’s teaching can be understood when we realize that his call for freedom is an invitation to live by faith and thus to become the new person we are in Jesus Christ.” Hmmm… how long have I been trying to make that happen?!

I could make a list to You of all the negative things I feel at any given time. All the “uns”. That prefix added to adjectives “denoting the absence of a quality or state; not.”

Blessed God, how I thank You for letting me speak this freely to You.

Back to learning about “the new person we are in Jesus Christ.” That person is “never found by indulging the impulses of the old nature, but by loving.”

I can readily throw myself into this mix. What would it truly look like for me if I were to genuinely accept myself exactly as You’ve created me? Living by faith that I am exactly “enough” on every level. I don’t. You know I don’t.

“Law shows how love would act. But law has never produced love within our hearts.” Holy Father, there is SO much going on in the world today. Things we are told. Doubts as to how much of it is true.

Your divine love does not seem to be in the hearts of those in charge of the decisions and laws being passed right now. Believing that to be true, I find it all the more unsettling in trusting what may or may not come tomorrow.

Like never before in my life, I am aware that “THIS is the day” (Psalm 118:24) which You have made. It’s what we have. Right here. Right now. With NO guarantee of what comes next. And still we are to “rejoice and be glad in it.”

This is not my natural bent Dearest Lord. You created me. This is no surprise to You. Is this something You plan to change in me? Or is this as good as I get?

And see? Every single time I smile, I am reminded of Your goodness. Your grace. There would be no reason to smile ♪if not for You♪

I read Your Word. I gain hope. I want more. Of You. Your will. Your way. I want to live and walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:25). Not comparing myself with others “as if one of us were better or another worse” (v. 26).

I do this most of the time Dearest Dad. You know this.

Teach me Lord to TRULY live by faith this day. Wholeheartedly trusting and believing that “We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.”

I want to live this day as Your original! By faith. In You!

I love You. I want to serve You. And I am grateful for another opportunity to learn more about living by faith. Teach me Lord. Empower and enable me in living and loving You, myself and others freely. And well. Thank You. Amen.
(705 words ~ 10:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment