Wednesday, May 13, 2020

browse

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 (6:34 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. 2:29 came really early this morning! Thank You that I was able to go back to sleep after awhile of browsing around.

Well, this prayer just took quite the unexpected turn! Searching the word browse. What a find! Thank You God!

One match. In The Message. Song of Solomon 6:2-3. The Woman’s reply to the Young Women of Jerusalem’s offer to help her find her lover.

“Never mind. My lover is already on his way to his garden, to browse among the flowers, touching the colors and forms. I am my lover’s and my lover is mine. He caresses the sweet-smelling flowers.”

Holy God, I’ve not been one to spend much time in the Song of Songs. This morning, however it mirrors the feelings I had last evening. Waking up and hearing this husband's breathing I was immediately flooded by the awareness of how truly blessed we are.

Thank You Father. Thank You for this opportunity to read “of the love between a bridegroom (King Solomon) and his bride, affirming the sanctity of marriage and the richness of physical love” [The Life Recovery Bible PURPOSE].

Turning the page I read: RECOVERY THEMES and truly feel encouraged! The Beauty of God’s Creations; The Joy of Committed Love; The Realities of Love; Conflict Should Lead to Recommitment.

Father God, I ask You to continue Your work in each of us. We are absolutely living in trying times.

My first instinct is most often to withdraw. Hold back. Be afraid.

Your Word tells us just the opposite. We are to be of good courage. Be not afraid. Take heart. Trust in You.

We are not only going out of our home today, we are leaving the county. Father, how I ask You to go before, behind, beside, beneath and above us every single step of this day trip we are taking.

Having originally woken with another song, it took more than a few moments to identify. I sing it to You now even more forcefully than at three o’clock. ♪All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live. I Surrender All, I surrender all. All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all♪

Oh yes Blessed God. I surrender all my fear. All my hesitation. All my reservations. I look to You. I trust, as I ask Dearest Lord, bless us and keep us safe. We love You. We long to glorify and enjoy You. Show us how. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(441 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment