Tuesday, May 12, 2020

misthinkings

Saturday, May 9, 2020 (5:34 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I love You.

Thank You for this privilege of coming before You. Singing. Rather banally. Yes. “So lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.”

I don’t mean it to be such. I even tried hard to change it. Another look out the window and it just wouldn’t stop.

♪Oh, what a beautiful morning Oh, what a beautiful day I’ve got a ♪ Oh look, the very next word is beautiful, NOT wonderful! How about that?

Father, I am stopping right here to thank You again. Thank You for mistakes. Yes. Opportunities to learn differently.

Oh! Let’s look into this new to me word. Misthinkings.

Under the category of cognitive distortions. ‘The way we think about situations which can cause us to feel worse.’ Other people must do this too. Cool!

Yes Dad. How truly grateful I am when I see myself in the writings of others. I feel so very less alone. Yes Lord. Your Word does that for me to too.

Even reading this e-article my thoughts continually go back to what Your writers had to say about the importance of the things we tell ourselves.

The article states, “We may not even know that our thoughts are irrational or that our distorted interpretation of events reinforces negative emotions or beliefs.” It goes on to describe and teach how to challenge our misthinkings.

Reading on I find the phrase “stinkin’ thinkin’.” How many times I have been familiar with that phrase. Black and white thinking. All or nothing.

Holy God, I love when talking with You takes me to my core. The smile on my face and heart is huge. The more I read the more common I discover my inner thoughts to be.

Filtering. That fine art of magnifying negative details while letting go of the positive aspects. The list goes on. Affirming things I’ve been taught through the years.

And now something I don’t think I’ve ever learned before. “How the Way You Think about God Can Change Your Brain” taken from a book titled, The God-Shaped Brain.

Oh yes Father! I want a God-shaped brain!

This article 

And would You just look at that?! I started in one direction and all frustration set loose. Snarky miscommunications. Hurt feelings. Attempts to self isolate. NOT from You!

Now… to Your Word instead. First direction? “Take every thought captive” (2 Corinthians 10:5). And in that? Another smile. Peace. Hope. Love.

Yes Father, Your Truth never ceases to bring me back to Your ways of thinking. I don’t have to be mad. I can choose to forgive. AND to “Fear God… Give glory to Him. For the time has come  when He will sit as judge. Worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all the springs of water” (Revelation 14:7).

And look at THAT! Another huge smile. Just because of the mention of water.

Holy God, You really DO speak my ‘love language’! Thank You for loving us so very much. Keep us close to You this day. This day which You have made (Psalm 118:24). The one in which we are to “rejoice and be glad.”

The one that began as ♪a beautiful morning♪ where ♪All the sounds of the earth are like music♪ Oh yes Blessed God! Keep working in us. Drawing us ever closer to becoming the people You designed us to be. The ones with the God-shaped hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30).

You are awesome God. I love You. I need You to help me in all aspects of my life. And I thank You. In advance. Knowing You to be the good, good Father You are. [Big smile]. Use me. Thank You. Amen.

(627 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment