Thursday, May 21, 2020

relief and reminders

Thursday, May 21, 2020 (5:51 a.m.)
Holy God,

Sleep wasn’t great. There were a lot of internal distractions. Disney music of hope [Moana] mixed with overwhelming thoughts of things not done. Too much thinking.

Father God, how I thank You for the relief You did provide. The reminders to pray.
(6:40 a.m.)

Mm, yes Most Blessed God, how I thank You for the relief and reminders that come from You. I am asking that You would lead and guide me as only You can Dear Lord.

Have me pay particular attention to the things that are from You. I have a list of things left undone. Partially because I don’t want to risk making a mistake. I truly believe I could turn avoidance into an art form.

Work in me Dearest God. By me. Through me. For me. With me. You are able. Yes!

Here is the verse I need to remind me. Ephesians 3:20. “Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.”

And The Life Recovery Bible comment for this section? Equally affirming.

3:14-21 …Paul prayed that his friends might be deeply anchored and rooted in the soil of God’s love. As we learn how much God loves us, we will become confident that He is able to do far more in and through us than we could ever imagine. We can bank our recovery on this Truth! We may feel that our life is hopeless and beyond recovery. But through God restoration and healing are possible. When we are grounded in God’s love, recovery will follow.”

Oh yes Most Blessed God. Yes. Please! Do all You must ‘according to Your power that is at work within me.’

“I can’t. God can. I’ll let Him.” The first three abbreviated steps of twelve. I love You Lord. I need You. And again I ask You, do ALL You must to Your glory and the good of others.

I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(350 words ~ 6:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment