Tuesday, May 12, 2020

boulder budging

Friday, May 8, 2020 (6:08 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I thank You. I budged a boulder yesterday. What a feat!

Yes Lord. There I was. Wanting to open a gate. The key to the lock was the first one tried. Big smile. Followed by a stubborn latch. Lubricant. Jiggling. Prayer. Finesse. Success. And then? The boulder!

Right there the whole time. Smack in the way.

The first attempt to push was met with my own laughter. A little dig here, a more aggressive one there and the fight was on.

Uncertainty plagued me the whole way. Self doubt and questioning. Was it worth it? Did I know what I was doing?

Dig, dig, dig. Flood with water. Use a different tool. Try another angle. Doubt. Quibble. Dig deeper.

Was that a give? Did I imagine movement? No! It budged! The boulder budged. And I sat there feeling excited. Pleased. Childlike.

Smelling the dirt. Completely present in the moment. Blessed God, how I thank You for such a moment of success.

With so much change going on in the world today, it was such a win. Thank You Lord.

Although internet disruption resulted with me not participating communally distant in our National Day of Prayer, my own prayers ultimately took me to Deuteronomy 4:29-31. Reading “4:29” through Your Word because of the time I had looked at the clock yesterday morning.

Moses speaking to Your people, “From there [a foreign land] you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for Him with all your heart and soul, you will find Him.” Are we searching for You Dearest Lord? With all our hearts and souls?

“When those bitter days have come upon you far in the future, you will finally return to the LORD your God and listen to what He tells you” (v. 30). Are we listening Lord? Is anybody hearing You?

“For the LORD your God is merciful - He will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors” (31). It sure appears that we as a people have forgotten You.

The Life Recovery Bible comment offers such hope. “4:29-31 Here God reaffirms His compassion toward victims of painful circumstances and promises to come through for His people, even when they have failed Him. He asks only that His people listen to Him and follow His instructions for healthy, holy living. Our relationship with God is certain because it is based upon God’s compassion for us, even when we don’t deserve it. God is faithful, we can be sure He will come through for us.”

I believe this Lord. I believe You!

I budged a boulder yesterday. And opened a gate. All because I kept asking You if I should keep trying. You want what is excellent for Your children. Keep doing all You know is best for Your glory.

Yes Lord. Be glorified in all that is going on around us. We love You. We thank You. We need You. And we ask You Dearest Lord, lead and guide us to Your place of perfect peace. And rest.

We praise, esteem, revere and worship You Father. Above all! We adore You! Amen.
(540 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment