Tuesday, May 12, 2020

smile counting

Mothers Day Sunday, May 10, 2020 (6:33 a.m.)
Holy God,

I just smiled. Prompted by a flash of beauty on a screen saver. I noticed the peace and calm that washed over me. And the smile. Thank You Lord.

Smiles remind me of the blessings You continually provide. Thank You for helping me be aware of them.

Taking the idea of counting smiles as blessings to the hymnal You once again favor me with an unexpected delight. Thanking You Father.

Here to look at ♪Count Your Blessings♪ I smile again. Blessed by other hymns of THANKFULNESS. ♪We Are So Blessed♪, ♪We Thank You, Lord♪ and this 4 Part Canon, ♪For Health and Strength, and daily food, We praise Thy Name, O Lord♪

*Mm, Father, let us come to truly trusting and believing this to be true. Our hope, our life, our strength is in You, Lord. And my heart turns quickly to singing another song.

Don Moen’s ♪My Life Is In You… I will praise You with all of my life I will praise You with all of my strength With all of my life, and all of my strength All of my hope is in You… In You, it’s in You♪

And now? Another smile! Praise You Father.

Reading, “Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders You have done.” Psalm 40:5, the Scripture associated with ♪Count Your Blessings♪ I take it to other translations. And the smiles continue.

World English Bible. “Many, Yahweh, my God, are the wonderful works which You have done, and Your thoughts which are toward us. They can’t be declared back to You. If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be counted.” Yes!

The Message begins with verse four. “Blessed are you who give yourselves over to GOD, turn your backs on the world’s ‘sure thing,’ ignore what the world worships; The world’s a huge stockpile of GOD-wonders and GOD-thoughts. Nothing and no one comes close to You! I start talking about You, telling what I know, and quickly run out of words. Neither numbers nor words account for You.”

Looking to The Life Recovery Bible comment I find it to be especially timely for the current COVID state of the world. “40:1-5 God’s timing is always worth waiting for. If we look to Him for help, He will rescue us from destruction and despair and from the things that hold us down. He will also bring stability to our life so we can move forward again with confidence and joy. If we are to experience God’s best for our life (which far exceeds anything we can imagine), we need to rely on Him alone and avoid any entanglements with those who could lead us away from God and His plan for us.”

It IS to You and Your plan, Your timing, Your help that we come. Asking You to ‘turn to us and hear our cry’ (v. 1). Save us Dearest God. From this virus. And ourselves.

We love You Lord. Do all You must. As only You know is best. Thank You Father.
(524 words ~ 11:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment