Tuesday, May 12, 2020

primacy

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 (6:44 a.m.)
Holy God,

I’m here. With nothing to say. “Thank You” comes to mind. Yet it seems so trite. Something I just always seem to say to You.

Here’s a bit of a smile. Related to the antonym of trite. Original. Imaginative. Guide me this morning, won’t You Lord?

Once again, You don’t disappoint! Thank You Lord. Yes. Genuinely. Whole-heartedly. Thank You!

The book of Hebrews. Written to the Jewish believers of that time. I relate myself with the PURPOSE spelled out in THE BOTTOM LINE of The Life Recovery Bible, “To demonstrate the wisdom of following Christ and the foolishness of looking elsewhere for salvation.”

Holy God, my opinion continues being that the world today is looking to science and their leaders to guide us through this COVID pandemic. There doesn't seem to be much mention of You anywhere in this. Do all You must Dearest Lord in setting our focus on You. And the power found in prayer.

Reading the RECOVERY THEMES for this book, “The Primacy [greater importance; superiority] of Jesus Christ: …describes Jesus as God. It explains that Jesus is the ultimate power and authority in the universe, superior to any and every leader in history.”

Holy God, it is absolutely in YOU that we need to place our trust. Our hope. Our faith. You are Truth. You know Your plan (Jeremiah 29:11). How I ask You to take control of this chaos.

There is so much deceit. Overwhelm. And the moment I turn back to Your Word, I experience Your peace.

Continuing in the RECOVERY THEMES I again take hope in Your promises. God Delivers the Powerless; The Necessity of Faith; The Importance of Perseverance. Blessed God how we need Your delivering power!

Keep us faithful to Your Truth and Your promises. Provide all that is necessary to continue trusting and believing You to be the good, good God You are.

Concerning perseverance The Life Recovery Bible writes, “It is one thing to know that recovery is a lifelong process; it is another to persevere when obstacles and problems block our way.” You provide the strength we need to endure. Do all You must Dear Lord.

You know our every single need. How I pray to You singing ♪Have Thine Own Way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter, I am [we are] the clay (Isaiah 64:8). Mold me [us] and make me [us] after Thy will, While I am [we are] waiting, yielded and still♪

Teach us to yield to Your will and Your way, Dearest God. You DO know what is best! We long for Your presence with us.

Having come to You honestly this morning how I truly thank You for guiding me to Hebrews 13:14. Amplified Bible, Classic Edition. “For we have become fellows with Christ (the Messiah) and share in all He has for us, if only we hold our first newborn confidence and original assured expectation [in virtue of which we are believers] firm and unshaken to the end.”

Holy God, both The Living Bible and New Living Translation remind us, “For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come.” I think we forget this Lord. Here I confess to wanting to hold on to what’s familiar, to what we’ve always known.

Work in us. As only You know is best. We love You. We ask You to continue building our faith, hope and love.

Yes Lord. “There are three things that will endure - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Thank You Lord. Truly. Thank You. Amen.
(586 words ~ 8:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment