Monday, April 22, 2019

The New Beginning


Monday, April 22, 2018 (9:18 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I’m here. Physically. In the flesh. Not so much the heart, mind or soul. Forgive me. I’ve been holding on to the sick card. Stuffy. Squeaky. Sluggish.

And here is a smile. Thank You Father.

I confess to avoiding You. The whole betrayal, denial, crucifixion and ultimately the resurrection of Jesus. I didn’t want to look. Didn’t want to see. Didn’t even want to celebrate.

I do confess to You Father. I so easily slip back into old patterns. Not feeling good? Stop caring. Forgive me Lord. That is never Your best for me.

And when I am finally willing to turn back to You? Here You are. Waiting. Willing. Able. Thank You Father.

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your care. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You for Your presence. Thank You for Your perfection.

Let me say what I haven’t said to You in days, “I love You.” Yes Father. I do.

Why would I turn my attention away from You? Waa! Waa! Waa! I don’t feel good. NOT acceptable! No. Ignoring You is never in our best interest.

Thank You Father for allowing us to reconnect with You and Your love just by turning from our indifference (Revelation 3:19). Yes Father! Praise You.

(10 :29 a.m.)

As I read Your Word I notice my heart quicken with hope. Then my attention is pulled to the fear that strikes as I watch Earth Day segments being covered on TV.

I confess to You the fear I feel any number of times throughout the day. I liken it to a ping pong ball bouncing rapidly from FAITH to fear and back again.

When I get stuck in fear [of real life, of not feeling good…] I am more inclined to close myself off from being willing to hope. In You. Your Word. Your promises.

Again I say forgive me Father.

Forgive us for the lukewarm approach (Revelation 3:15) we’ve taken to You and “the heavens and earth” You created (Genesis 1:1). Forgive us Father. It is my continued plea.

Now back to the smile mentioned above. Searching Biblegateway for the word “sluggish” I’m taken in The Voice to The Emmaus Road (Luke 24:24:13-35). How perfect are You Father?

The very day of the Resurrection. The one I basically ignored yesterday. And You bring me to it. Thank You Father. Again You amaze me. You will not be ignored! Thank you.

Chapter 24. Resurrection: The New Beginning Once again I am experiencing the ping pong effect. A section of Scripture that normally fills me with joyous Easter hope and I find myself still holding back.

Yes, I’m not feeling 100%. But “it’s just a cold.” And I criticize myself for refusing the hope Your Truth offers us.

Jesus: Come on, men! Why are you being so foolish? Why are your hearts so sluggish when it comes to believing what the prophets have been saying all along?” (Luke 24:25; The Voice).

Why indeed Father! Why would I choose to ignore You? Why try to hide from the pain and sorrow Your suffering represents?

Make me rife with the hope and joy the new beginning Jesus' resurrection affords us. Yes Father!

Work in me exactly as You know is necessary. I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank You.

Use me to Your glory and for the good of others. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(568 words ~ 11:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment