Monday, April 29, 2019

prayers of our hearts


Monday, April 29, 2019 (5:34 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Oh yes. Most Blessed God. Thank You.

There are so many hurts and fears and disappointments and health issues out there Father. Each one overwhelming in its own sense.

Thank You Father that we have You to turn to. You to lean on. You to trust in. Teach us Father. Teach us how to truly turn. Lean. And trust. In You.

You are truly our help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1). And ultimately our hearts’ desire. This is what I pray to You most Blessed Father. That You really would be our hearts’ desire.

So often we get side-tracked. We know You to be good. And still we go off in our own strength and power. This is where I pray, asking You Father. Seeking You. Knocking; as You know exactly all that is needed.

“Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grown in wisdom” (Psalm 90:12). Yes Father. Your wisdom. You know Your plans (Jeremiah 29:11). For each of us.

Quoting Your words to Jeremiah from The Message I rest and hope on behalf of others. “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”

I can’t begin to compare my thinking with Yours. YOU know the plans You have. Who am I to doubt? Or question? Or fear. We are here to turn. And lean. And trust in You.

That is what I am doing here Dearest Father. I am leaning into and trusting on Your Holy name. It’s Your plan for good and not for evil. Your plan to give us a future and a hope. It truly is in You that we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28).

Oh Your promises Blessed God. Thank You for Your promises.

You told Jeremiah to tell Your people, “When you call on Me, when you come and pray to Me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for Me, you’ll find Me. Yes, when you get serious about finding Me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won't be disappointed” (Jeremiah 29:12-13).

Yes Father. When we want You more than anything else, that’s when we won't be disappointed. Thank You for Your plan.

We have friends and loved ones with tremendous needs Father God. Needs of which You are fully aware. Bless them Father. Keep them. Smile on them. Gift them. Look them full in the face and make them prosper (Numbers 6:24-26).

And here I go back over to Psalm 90. A prayer of Moses - a man of God. Cherry picking the three verses [12; 16-17] I am requesting of You.

Yes Blessed God. “Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well! …Let Your servants see what You’re best at - the ways You rule and bless Your children. And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do. Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do!” (Psalm 90:12; 16-17)

Holy God, we love You. We need You. We want You. We trust You. Do all You know is best. We thank and praise You Father. Amen.

(561 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment