Wednesday, April 10, 2019

manage


Tuesday, April 2, 2019 (7:29 a.m.)
Mazatlan Harbor, MX
Holy God,

Thank You. It is because of You that we get to see these sights. These vistas. These views.

What an honor. Such a privilege. Opportunities we do not take for granted. Nor wish to squander. Mm, yes Blessed Father, help us manage these gifts You so freely give to us.

And here’s the first song of the morning. ♪Freely, freely You have received; Freely, freely give. Go in my name and because you believe, Others will know that I live♪ Yes please Father. I want to do that.

Go in Your name so others will know that You live. Yes! Empower and enable us in doing exactly that. Managing the resources You provide that we will freely give to others.

Holiest God, I confess. I don’t even know what that would look like.

As I search and scour Your Word I come to Paul’s letters of encouragement to both Timothy (1;5:14) and Titus (2:3-5). Here I read of widows and older women. Immediately I think of my own familial history dating back over one hundred years.

A young mother of two sons widowed early on. Married again. Three more sons added. Then widowed once more. Father God, the older I get the deeper this story strikes me.

Reading Paul’s words concerning widows and elders I am encouraged in knowing that You were the Originator of these plans for their care. Thank You Father. Thank You.

Thank You for the heart You have given me that is such a huge proponent for strong, healthy marriages. As I continue to read Paul’s words I find myself all the more amazed.

I read. I think. I liken myself where appropriate. I think of the widows in my own family and I thank You God for Your perfect care of them all.

Moving over to Titus and reading of Paul’s charge to the older men and women this is where I ask Your empowerment. Truly Father, we long “to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely… [having] strong faith and be filled with love and patience (Titus 2:2).

Specifically for me I ask You to teach me ‘to live in a way appropriate for someone serving the Lord… not go[ing] around speaking evil of others and not being a heavy drinker. Instead, that I would teach others what is good’ (v.3).

Truly Father, I long to be one of “these older women [who] must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and pure, to take care of their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God” (4-5).

Father God, I am a living, breathing example of one having chosen to follow You. To believe You. To trust You. And to allow You to work in me.

Let this be what I freely give to others this day. My love and adoration of You that ultimately trickled over to that of this “good boyfriend” You have provided me.

I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to use me this day exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(554 words ~ 8:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment