Thursday, April 11, 2019

smiling again - ♪ Higher Love ♪


Thursday, April 11, 2019 (6:20 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I keep smiling. For one reason or another. I truly rejoice in You every single time I am aware that I am indeed smiling again.

Thank You Father. Yes. You provide us blessing upon blessing. Reason after reason to smile. I can never thank You enough. Earnestly I will keep trying.

I love You God. Pure and simple. That easy. I do. I love You.

Because of Your love for each of us we are called and enabled to love You (Mark 12:30) and others (31). Thank You for all You have to teach us about this incredible love of Yours.

When we are focused on You, Your goodness, kindness, grace, wisdom

(7:18 a.m.)

I just took a huge detour. I went searching the web to find a term that accurately describes what I want to express...

Your Truth!

There are so many opportunities to get misled. I don’t want to risk that. I want Your Truth Father. Not to get caught up in and confused by false teachers.

Full exhalation. Ready inhalation. Mind clearing Truth is what I am seeking Father. There are so many deviations to what one is taught and how easily that gets misrepresented.

I am here to learn and practice Your Truth. One Truth. Actual Truth. I read Your Word. Think I understand. And then get tangled in my own concerns for accuracy.

Lead and guide me Blessed God. In Your Truth. To Your Truth.
(10:17 a.m.)

And I’m here again. Phone calls. Deep sharing of facts and feelings with family and friends. And more wondering.

Let me just say straight out, Father I love You. I may be confused. I might wonder. A LOT! And still I love You. Pure and simple. Muddled or complicated. It always comes back to the love You have for us and ours for You (1 John 4:19).

I don’t have to try to make it make sense before I offer it to others. I can be real. Authentic. Genuine. And honestly say, “I don’t know. I’m not sure.” when asked why I believe what I believe.

Your Word is Truth. I believe that. Why? Because You tell me so. How do I prove it? I can’t. I can only keep coming back to Your goodness. And Your grace. Your faithfulness. Your offer. To live eternally with You.

Yes. This morning I am struggling to make sense out of my thoughts. I am led by my own reminders to smile. Sing. Stretch. And stay my mind on You. Prompts that bring me back to the awareness of Your presence in every single aspect of my life.

Blessed Father God, thank You that I can be as jumbled in my thinking as I am right now and still know beyond any shadow of every doubt that You know exactly all that is going on with me. Thank You that I get to offer it all up to You as worship and in the process You will steer me straight.

Thank You Father. Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit.

And here I offer You a song of hope and trust I was introduced to last night. ♪Higher Love♪

A “Pop - blue eyed soul” song from over thirty years ago with which I was unfamiliar. As I consider the lyrics I am blessed to know You as my Higher Love. Thank You Father.

Thank You for every song You bring into my life that reminds me to sing, smile, stay my mind and stretch again. ♪Think about it There must be a Higher Love…♪

That’s You Father. Our Higher Love. Thank You. Praise You.

Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. For Your glory and the good of others. I love You. I want You. I need You. And I thank You. Yes. Amen.

(655 words ~ 10:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment