Tuesday, April 23, 2019

change takes courage


Tuesday, April 23, 2019 (6:05 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I got to sleep all night. No coughing. Thinking more clearly as I awoke. Yes Father, thank You.

Thank You for again reminding me to not compare myself with others (Galatians 6:4). I confess. This is not an easy instruction for me to follow.

Negatively comparing myself with others comes practically second nature to me. Please teach me how to overcome this near automatic tendency.

HOW? Honestly. Openly. Willingly.

I need to be honest with You. Open. And willing to change.

“Courage to change.” Yep. There it is again. Change takes courage. The focus has to be on You. Always. 

Blessed God, thank You for Your presence. When I get distracted and take my eyes off You, I fall so easily back into old behaviors. Thank You for doing all You must to get my attention back on You.

And here I not only smile, but chuckle as well. Thank You Father.

Turning to Galatians, chapter 6, I read We Reap What We Sow. Oh, true that Father! Thank You.

Galatians 6:4, “Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.” Praise You Father!

I know this teaching to be true. Do all You must in providing me the courage I need to change the things that should be changed”.

Blessed God, You are so good. And I am grateful. As I continue reading, it’s verse seven that gives me the “Aha!” moment.

“Don’t be misled. Remember that you can’t ignore God and get away with it. You will always reap what you sow!” (7). ‘Get what I plant.’ Empower, embolden, enable me in planting all that You know is best.

Praying. Exercising. Eating Well. Taking care of business. Following You. Rejoicing in You. Always!

“And again I say, Rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4).

Yes Father. Please. Provide me all that You know is best. I love You. I long to serve You. Exactly as You wish! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(358 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment