Thursday, April 18, 2019

"Maundy"

Maundy Thursday, April 18, 2019 (5:55 a.m.)
Oh Most Holy God,
(6:18 a.m.)

Thank You that I have the opportunity and the privilege to sit and read about what this day in history represents. I get to read of Jesus’ humanity. And His humility.

Various religions and traditions honor this day differently. Thank You that I am able to study and learn about some of them.

Each year I think I discover something new concerning the meaning of this particular day. The preparation of the Passover meal (Luke 22:8-13). Jesus’ washing of His disciples’ feet (John 13:1-17). His prediction of betrayal (vs. 18-30). And Peter’s denial (38).

This morning I’m reading more on the teaching of the word Maundy. Many believe it stems from the Latin word mandatum meaning “command”, referencing the new commandment Jesus presents in verse 34.

“So I give you a new command: Love each other deeply and fully. Remember the ways that I have loved you, and demonstrate your love for others in those same ways” (The Voice).

It’s the very next verse that started new singing in my head. “Everyone will know you as My followers if you demonstrate your love to others” (John 13:35). Let this not only be my song but my action on this Maundy Thursday.

♪God forgave my sin in Jesus’ name. I’ve been born again in Jesus’ name And in Jesus’ name I come to you To share His love as He told me to. He said, “Freely, freely you have received; freely, freely give. Go in my name, and because you believe others will know that I live.”♪

Yes please Father. Let others know of Jesus’ life and love because I believe. Use me as You know is best.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(302 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment