Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Hero


Wednesday, April 10, 2019 (7:01 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You SO much. I get to wake up thinking about You. Singing to You.

What seems to have come completely out of nowhere I keep singing ♪…I need a hero I’m holding out for a hero…♪ Blessed God, I am so grateful to know Jesus as my Hero.
(8:08 a.m.)

I look to Your Word to tell me more. As I read, the power of believing You at Your Word practically explodes within me. Thank You Father. Thank You for the crescendo [gradual increase in loudness and intensity] that builds within me.

Holiest God, I find myself wanting to scream Your goodness from the mountaintops. You are our source of hope. Power. Truth. Thank You.

The apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Ephesus to strengthen them in their relationship with You and each other. As I read in his letter one of the words of the song I keep singing changes. ♪I HAVE a Hero!♪

Because of this Truth I get to truly “Be strong with the Lord’s mighty power” (Ephesians 6:10). Father, I confess the paralyzing fear I experience in many of the responsibilities of being a grown up. Thank You that You are so much bigger than every single one of my fears.

‘You saved us by Your special favor when we believed. We can’t take credit for it; because it’s a gift from You. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it’ (Ephesians 2:8-9).

‘I am Your masterpiece’ (v. 10a) and You are my Hero! ‘You created me anew in Christ Jesus, so that I can do the good things You planned for us long ago’ (10b).

Continue Your work in me Father. With me. By, through and for me.

I love You so much and am incredibly grateful that You really are my Hero! Thank You. Use me. Amen.
332 words ~ 8:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment