Wednesday, April 10, 2019

open-ended


Thursday, April 4, 2019 (7:00 a.m. ship’s time)
Cruising north to Los Angeles, CA
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. I love when my thoughts are of You as I waken. And when my first exclamation of the day has to do with You as well.

“Oh my God!” came out of my mouth the moment I saw the sky. No time to think. Or plan. Just exclaim.

How I thank You Father. Yes! Thank You for teaching us.

I was considering which of all that You teach us to list above. And I decided instead to leave it open-ended. Yes. With “no determined limit or boundary”.

I smile as I think about all You are. And do for us. Provide for our every need. Free us. Change us. Teach us. There it is again.

You DO teach us! Teach us to be kind. Loving. Forgiving. Alert. Aware. Hopeful. Joyful. Faithful. Strong. In You!

This morning I’m reading (Psalm 35) of David’s feelings of desperation concerning his circumstances. As he prays Your protection and humiliation of those trying to kill him (v. 4) it’s verses nine and ten I’m looking to most.

“Then I will rejoice in the LORD. I will be glad because He rescues me. I will praise Him from the bottom of my heart. ‘LORD, who can compare with You? Who else rescues the weak and helpless from the strong? Who else protects the poor and needy from those who want to rob them?’”

Truly! “LORD, who can compare with You?”!

Your blessings, Your wisdom, Your love are all limitless. Without boundaries. Open-ended. David knew this. You teach us to know and trust You as well.

Skimming over to Isaiah 48 I read of God’s Stubborn People (vs. 1-11) and Freedom from Babylon (12-22). Verses 17 and 18 especially speak to me this morning.

“‘The LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, says: I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is good and leads you along the paths you should follow. Oh, that you would listen to my commands! Then you would have peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling like waves.’”

This I ask of You Blessed Dad. That I would truly learn to listen to and follow Your commands. I love You. And I long to represent You as one who knows You well. Live in, with, by, through and for me this day Blessed God. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(416 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment