Friday, April 12, 2019

God provides


Friday, April 12, 2019 (6:46 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You. Thank You for Your provisions. Mm, yes. You provide for us.

I have another smile. I was just thinking of the 23rd Psalm and here was a reference to it. You. As our Good Shepherd. Thank You God.

And then over to Philippians 4:19. The smile continues to come and go as I read more. Thank You God.

You are so good. You provide for our every need. Thank You.

Yes! Our every need.

Psalm 23:1 in The Living Bible tells us, “Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!” Through the years I have come to think of this version as the most meaningful.

This morning I find The Passion Translation's rendering. “David’s poetic praise to God The Lord is my best friend and my shepherd. I always have more than enough.” Thank You Father. Thank You for Your reminders.

Oh! And it just got better. Reading verse two in both of the versions above I feel my shoulders loosen.

“He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors Him the most” (TLB).

My imagination takes me to those places I have explored before. Then I turn again to The Passion Translation. Oh Your goodness God!

“He offers a resting place for me in His luxurious love. His tracks take me to an oasis of peace, the quiet brook of bliss.” This written by who has come to be accepted as a sixteen or seventeen year old young lad.

Just imagine. Yes Father. Thank You that I get to just imagine.

I read. I hope. I think. I rest. And then I begin all over again. Reading more, hoping more…

Most Holy God, I ask You to use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You so much. And I long to serve You well.

Do all You must in providing our needs that we will in turn share Your luxurious love with others. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(359 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment