Wednesday, April 10, 2019

♪ Isn’t it time… ♪


Monday, April 8, 2019 (5:39 a.m.)

♪Isn’t it time…♪ has been singing itself to me again. Holiest God, I don’t know if it’s You singing to me, or me singing to You. Guide and direct my search through Your Word I pray.

I didn't think I was quite ready to be awake. Yet going back to sleep didn’t seem the best option. Again I ask Your guidance and direction here.

Surprisingly enough there are verses with “Isn’t it time” in them. Yet while I am considering them, Philippians 4:8 pops up from a conversation with a loved one yesterday. A much loved one who knows of You Dear Jesus, yet does not know You as her Lord and Savior.

I find it encouraging how many times I am aware of thanking You during our conversations. As well as when I unknowingly expand on a prayer where I had quite naturally requested “the peace that passes all understanding” (v. 7) on her behalf.

What’s even better is that it all stems from having originally shared the importance of not worrying about anything (6). Instead praying about everything. Telling You our needs. And thanking You for all You have done. Thank You Father.

Thank You that even though I don’t know myself to be adequately evangelistic, You are such a natural part of my every conversation. Is this where ♪Isn’t it time…♪ comes in to play?

Isn’t it time I learn to unapologetically share with others what I know and believe to be true about life with You? Mm, yes Father. ♪Isn’t it time…♪

You are Who makes me be me. Thank You. Praise You.
(7:30 a.m.)

As I sit here, preparing to go out into the day I ask You Father to go before me. Behind. Beside. Beneath. Above. And within me. Completely engulfing me with Your presence.

Father, I love You. I need You. I want You. And I long to represent You. Well. Do all You must to this end.

Referring again to Philippians 4:8 I ask You to empower and enable me in filling my mind “with beauty and truth. Meditate on whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is good, whatever is virtuous and praiseworthy” (The Voice).

The Passion Translation uses these words, “So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising Him always.”

Yes please! Make it so that I do. I love You. ♪Isn’t it time…♪ I put into practice all that You teach? I love You Father. Amen.

(453 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment