Saturday, April 13, 2019

outright


Saturday, April 13, 2019 (7:34 a.m.)
ARGH! [Alway Rever God's Holiness!]

This morning I am already experiencing unsettling circumstances. Just by sharing that with You outright, I am aware of my breathing being fuller and shoulders loosening. Thank You God!

Thank You that I even get to come to You with frustration. Feelings of being stretched and taken outside of my comfort zone.

Thank You that by depending on You and Your Word I get to keep looking to Your Truth. And as I do, I am reading (Acts 17:32) of a topic I had discussed just yesterday with a dear friend.

Thank You Father for the people and relationships You bring into our lives. You are so good. The perfect Provider. Thank You.

I am again aware of my breathing and then the smile on my face. Father, thank You. Praise You. I get to come back to center every single time I am honesty, open and willing with You. Thank You.

The smile I’m experiencing at this very moment is deeply engrained within me. The more I read, think, confess and affirm Your goodness in all our circumstances the greater the peace and more genuine the smile.
(1:11 p.m.)

Reading about the book of Acts, I learn that the physician Luke wrote to Theophilus, whose name means ‘lover of God’, “to trace how the Jewish Jesus movement became a worldwide movement through the impetus [energy] of the Holy Spirit” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE). To this I genuinely say, “Thank You God!”

I get to read of “Jesus bringing hope to a hurting and seemingly forsaken group of people.” And then learn how His “small band of disciples that met in Jerusalem following His death and resurrection turned the world upside down” (Acts TLRB introduction). Thank You God. Thank You that  “Life on planet earth hasn’t been the same since.”

Thank You that I get to choose to believe You and Your Word. I get to choose it because I want to. I read. I nod my head in agreement. I hope. I remember. And I hope some more.

J.B. Phillips New Testament translates Dr. Luke’s words for Acts 17:32, “… when his audience heard Paul talk about the resurrection from the dead some of them laughed outright, but others said, ‘We should like to hear you speak again on this subject.’” Father, thank You that even way back then there were those who joked and scoffed while others wanted to hear more.

Thank You that we have the privilege of reading, standing and depending on Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. 

Use me this day exactly as You know is best. I love You. I want You. I need You. And oh how I thank You. Bless me to bless others I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(475 words ~ 2:21 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment