Wednesday, April 10, 2019

released


Sunday, April 7, 2019 (7:08 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You. Thank You.
(7:33 a.m.)

It is working with You through the years that is allowing me to cut myself a little slack.

The melancholia started on Friday. Another end to a perfectly lovely trip. Hard as I tried, I could not work myself out of the funk into which I had sunk.

Sleep didn’t come easily as I played all my perceived slights and insecurities over and over in my head. Reminding myself that “feelings aren’t facts” helped a little. I thank You for that.

And right here is the absolute largest sense of release I have experienced in such a long time. Blessed God, thank You!

Over twenty years ago I made a mistake. Misjudging a little one’s ability and disposition resulted in a fear spanning two decades. YOU worked through that fear Father. Turning it into something beautiful. A determined and certified SCUBA diver, working at Sea World.

Thank You Father! I have carried this self imposed guilt for so many years. And this morning I am experiencing the genuine release that comes only from choosing to truly believe Your Word.

As I exhale fully and breathe in naturally I am deeply aware of the peace that fills and surrounds me when I completely give in to Your presence. Thank You Father.

Reading Romans 8 in The Passion Translation I continue coming back to the blessed release I encounter every single time I take You at Your Word. Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to choose to believe that ‘the Spirit of Christ empowers [my] life’ (v. 9). That ‘Christ lives His life in [me]!’ (10a). Thank You for releasing me Father. From my own self condemnation.

This is yet another level of the freedom we find in living our lives in, with, by, through and for Your Truth. How I ask You Blessed God to continue teaching me the power of living each and every day in trusting and depending on the Truth of Your loving forgiveness.

Thank You Father. I love You. I trust You. I need You. And I ask You to do all You must in fully releasing me from myself.

Use me for Your glory and the good of others. Just like turning another of the mistakes I make into something wonderful. Thank You God. I love You. Amen.
(405 words ~ 9:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment