Friday, April 26, 2019

presence of mind


Friday, April 26, 2019 (6:51 a.m.)
This is way late in happening.

Holy God, thank You!

I feel better. Thank You that I get to say that to You. Forgive me for not coming to say anything to You for so long.

Tuesday afternoon I was planning to come right back here to thank You again for the courage to change my attitude. I had prayed to You that morning asking for that very courage and You reminded and provided me exactly what I needed.

I had the opportunity to growl and grumble or to ‘fix my thoughts on what was true and honorable and right. Thinking about things that were pure and lovely and admirable. Thinking about things that were excellent and worthy of praise’ (Philippians 4:8). Yes Father.

You kept my mind on the positive, not the negative. You censored the snarky words that filtered through my mind. Thank You God.

Yes. Thank You. Thank You for the presence of mind to turn to You. Lean into You. Depend on You.

With this Truth I turn to Acts 3 and read of A Healing Miracle. A crippled beggar. Healed by Peter. This is where I am reminded of being taught that we are all crippled beggars in our own ways.

“Now change your mind and attitude to God and turn to Him so He can cleanse away your sins and send you wonderful times of refreshment from the presence of the Lord” (Act 3:19 The Living Bible). That’s where the courage to change begins. When we change our mind and attitude to You.

Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You.

Feeling better, but not yet well, I ask You to do all You must in, with, by, through and for me. I don’t want to do too much. At the very same time, I don’t want to do too little. Do exactly what You know is best.

Blessed God, I love You so much. Even when I don’t come here to tell You so. You know my heart (1 Samuel 16:7). This Truth allows me to explore Your Word all the more. Thank You Father.

Reading of Samuel’s anointing of David reminds me again of how very in command You truly are. This is where I confess to bypassing any nudges of coming to You before now. My reason? I didn’t feel good.

Not feeling good didn’t keep me from doing other things. Just from coming to You. Forgive me Father.

Backtracking to chapter one, I come to the RECOVERY THEMES of this book. Dependence on God; Strength in Weakness; Necessity of Obedience; Consequences of Disobediences. Truths as old as time.

We need You. You help us. We obey. Until we don’t. Blessed, Holy God, thank You that Your forgiveness far surpasses our sin. Make me obedient to You I pray. 

I love You. I need You. I thank You. And I want You. Live in and with me every moment of this day I pray. Thank You Father. Amen.

(506 words ~ 8:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment