Sunday, April 14, 2019

quelled


Palm Sunday, April 14, 2019 (5:10 a.m.)
Here I am Lord,

Initially grumpy. A little bit weary. Kind of questioning. And finally smiling. Yes.

A line from a song [♪Looks like we made it♪] had me a little confused. Until I recognized it as ♪You’re Still the One♪. Then I realized this as a fairly important day in the Christian calendar and all my moping and griping quelled.

Quelled? Yeah. Put to an end. Calmed. Soothed. Settled. You do that for us. Thank You Father.

Thank You that I can wake up what seems hours too early to me and once I get up, find a smile. Thank You that even recognizing that I’ve been feeling off-kilter this past week helps me stretch as I turn toward You and Your Word.

Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You that it is to You that I get to sing ♪You’re Still the One I run to The One I belong to You’re still the One I want for life♪. Yes! ♪YOU’RE still the One that I love…♪

And here, rather than grumping and growling or moaning and groaning I am truly rejoicing at Who and All You are. I’m again reading in Lamentations, Your prophet Jeremiah’s passionate expression of grief and sorrow. Thank You Father that his experience was not all for nothing.

Because of his love and obedience to You we are reminded that “The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day” (Lamentations 3:22-23). Thank You Father.

Through all of his pain and broken-heartedness Jeremiah remained faithful to You. He cried out. Was honest. And You listened to and comforted him. Thank You God.

Because of his example of having suffered great loss, we are reminded by his tears that it is okay to cry out to You. Acknowledging his own powerlessness in all of the destruction of Your people he cited You as his only hope.

“Quenched? It can’t be quenched, this sorrow in my eyes, Quelled only by knowing that the Eternal looks down from heaven and sees” (Lamentations 3:49-50; The Voice). Thank You for this record of Your Truth Blessed God.

Thank You that as we come together to celebrate Jesus’ Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem on that first Palm Sunday (John 12:12-19) we are fully aware of what all that fateful week held. Father do all You must in making us the faithful, obedient people You would have us be.

Truly Father, ♪You’re still the One I run to The One I belong to You’re still the One I want for life♪ Yes Father!

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me. I long to serve You. Solidly. Well-balanced. Not the least bit off-kilter.

I love You, Father. Thank You. Amen.
(484 words ~ 6:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment