Friday, October 12, 2018

unfeigned


Friday, October 12, 2018 (6:51 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. I learned a new to me word with You yesterday.

My original plan was to drive a ways for breakfast, come home and finish exploring being unfeigned. Who knew [besides people who make the drive all the time] I would come back exhausted.

Thank You for getting me home safely. And for the naps that followed. All throughout the day.

Holy God, You are so good.

I get to sit here with You. Reading. Thinking. Wondering. Hoping. Planning. And resting.

Yes Father. Thank You for the privilege of resting in You. For learning with You. There is so very much I don’t know.

I come upon verses that speak so loudly to my heart. 1 Timothy 1:5, “For we reach the goal of fulfilling all the commandments when we love others deeply with a pure heart, a clean conscience, and sincere [unfeigned] faith” (The Passion Translation).

Unfeigned: sincere, genuine, real, true, honest, unaffected, unforced, heartfelt, wholehearted, bona fide. One word bringing me again and again to Your Word. Thank You God.

Coming back again, I read James (3:17) describe, “the wisdom from above is first of all pure (undefiled); then it is peace-loving, courteous (considerate, gentle). [It is willing to] yield to reason, full of compassion and good fruits; it is wholehearted and straightforward, impartial and unfeigned (free from doubts, wavering and insincerity).”

In these past twenty-four hours I have read of unfeigned lips (Psalm 17:1), love (2 Corinthians 6:6), faith (1 Timothy 1:5) and wisdom (James 3:17). Hmmm… taking just a moment to examine  how it is we are to love You (Mark 12:30) I make a link here. With all of our heart [love], soul [faith], mind [wisdom] and strength [lips].

Oh yes Father. How I ask that I would come to love You unfeigned! Work in, with, by, through and for me Father. I love You and long to serve You as You wish to be served. Unfeigned!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(349 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment