Saturday, October 6, 2018

natural progression


Saturday, October 6, 2018 (5:33 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You.

Thank You for the heart and soul and mind and strength that each wants to be thankful. Joyful.

Our time together yesterday was interrupted. With my usual intention of coming back.

Instead, there was energy, desire and opportunity to attend to much of the unfinished business we have around here. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the natural progression that took place with one chore easily leading the way to the next. Thank You Father for the gratitude that accompanied each one.

I was aware of You through it all. Wanting to commune with You. Seeking Your guidance, I found direction. Stamina.

There was a sense of order that unfolded as each task gave way to the next. Thank You Father.

Thank You that even now as I consider the willingness that met each next challenge I truly am amazed. There was a readiness, an ability I haven’t experienced in quite awhile. Thank You Father. It’s all from You.

Yesterday I took notice of Matthew 5:25 and the importance of Making Peace [Matthew 5:23-25] with our enemies. Making a huge stretch, I likened my current health issues to an enemy.

Realizing that this section deals with a court case, still I related to the power involved with coming to terms quickly with an adversary. Reaching a settlement. Making friends, agreeing with. Settling the dispute. Reconciling.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the natural progression that leads from one Truth to another.

In this particular case, it is the importance of me accepting with serenity the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

Mm, yes Blessed God. One thing following the other. Natural progression.

And here I am led of all places to Genesis 1:1. “In the beginning, God created…” Each of Your creations naturally progressing to the next. Each in its own order of necessity. How You amaze me Father. I love You so much.

Finishing up my heart’s prayer of yesterday and joining it with today’s, again I turn to the original Serenity Prayer. As I sincerely ask You for grace, acceptance, serenity, courage and wisdom, I quote the ending paragraph.

“Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next.”

Mm, yes. Most Blessed God, as You continue making me aware of the importance of Your natural progression of things I am asking You to guide, direct and empower me to Your will and to Your way.

Thank You for Your love most Holy God. Use me as only You know is best. Thank You I love You. Amen.
(513 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment