Sunday, October 28, 2018

"Come To The Table"

Sunday, October 28, 2018 (6:50 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. You are first this morning. Before anything else. Work in me that nothing takes Your rightful place as number one in my heart, my soul, my mind, my strength.

Thank You for the songs that have already been singing to me this morning. ♪Holy, Holy, Holy, merciful and mighty♪ much earlier and ♪Blessed Be Your Name♪ just now.

Thank You for the husband’s call to “come to the window” and see the beauty of Your parfait looking sky. And just by saying that to You right now I am singing ♪Come To The Table♪ (by Sidewalk Prophets).

Oh thank You Father. Thank You that I can go to the window and see and come to the table and…

And what? Eat? Live? Commune? Remember?

Here I confess to You. I’ve always related going to Your table as a feast “in the presence of mine enemies” (Psalm 23:5). This morning is the first time I find it related to The Last Supper (Luke 22:7-23).
(10:03 a.m.)

After time spent singing You praises and learning more of Your Truth and Love (2 John) I am still singing ♪Come To The Table♪. As I take the idea of spending time at Your table with me into this day I ask You to again empower me to continue the work You are doing around here.

It is You working in, with, by, through and for me that is allowing me to carry on. Doing the next thing that has been stalled for so long. Thank You Father.

Keep doing all You must in bringing me back around to where and who You would have me. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(296 words ~ 10:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment